BB 2 month stats?

iVillage Member
BB 2 month stats?
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 7:39am

I wasn't sure where to put this, but since our board has been so slow lately I thought I would post this higher up rather than in the playing in the sand section. Thought I would start this since Abbie has her 2 month well check this evening..hope I'm not stepping on any toes here..

2 Month Check-In

BB Name:

BB Birth Weight:

BB Weight Now:

BB Height at Birth:

BB Height Now:

Longest stretch of sleep:

Any Concerns:

Anything Else You'd Like To Share:

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 8:00am

2 Month Check-In

BB Name: Abigail

BB Birth Weight: 7lbs. 8oz.

BB Weight Now: 12lbs. 2oz. (75%)

BB Height at Birth: 21 1/4in.

BB Height Now: 22in (25%)

Longest stretch of sleep: 7hrs.

Any Concerns: Liquidy poop still, no real consistency to it at all... doc wants me to try a glucose free diet.. :p

Anything Else You'd Like To Share: Can't believe time is flying!! Oh and I HATE shots!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 10:24am

2 Month Check-In

BB Name: Faizan

BB Birth Weight: 7lbs 9 oz (little peanut!!)

BB Weight Now: 12lbs even

BB Height at Birth: 20"

BB Height Now: 23 1/4"

Longest stretch of sleep: 4 hours during the DAY

Any Concerns: short bursts of sleep at night :(

Anything Else You'd Like To Share:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 11:30am
Liquid poop in a breastfed baby is totally normal. It's actually not necessary for baby's poop to have "seeds" or "curds". Liquid is in the range of normal ... especially if baby is gaining well.

I tend to have oversupply, resulting in a foremilk / hindmilk imbalance that has meant liquid green poop for my last two kids (my first had frothy stools ... no seeds ... but they weren't green). Anyway, since this baby seems not to be bothered by the lactose overload beyond the green poop, I'm not even doing anything like block feeding to try to fix it. My last had severe reflux (likely made worse by the overactive letdown).

Anyway, I've consulted 3 pediatricians (one with immense experience in food allergies) and none have been concerned by the liquid green poop ... only if there was gelatinous blood in the diaper would they be concerned. My 2nd child had some blood in her diaper occasionally but it was always specs, and likely due to the irritated lining of her intestines. Eventually the 2nd child was tested for food allergies and had none.

Obviously a glucose free diet would be difficult ... glucose is actually made by your body anyway when it digests food (your body uses glucose for energy so food is always turned to glucose), so I'm not sure why a glucose free diet would help.

If you do suspect a specific food allergy, that might be worth trying for elimination. But usually there are more signs than problems with the stools (usually ...).

You might seek a 2nd opinion, I guess is what I'm saying. I hate to see mamas torture themselves with restrictive diets unnecessarily. On the other hand, I would benefit from a processed sugar-free diet. Maybe I'd finally start to lose the last 20 lbs of pregnancy weight!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 3:01pm

2 Month Check-In

BB Name: Megan

BB Birth Weight: 7 pounds 1 ounce

BB Weight Now: 11 pounds 10 ounces

BB Height at Birth: 19 inches

BB Height Now: 22.5 inches

Longest stretch of sleep: usually 7 - 8 hours at night but last night was 9 hours, she

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:00pm
Was she on a hypoallergenic formula before? If not, that formula has dairy, so all your work to eliminate dairy wouldn't matter. She'd still react to dairy in the formula. You might see if eliminating all dairy does the trick before moving to a near total elimination diet. If you do the diet, you need to do it for two weeks. Then you can start adding foods back in one at a time every few days until you find the food to which baby reacts. Sometimes it's helpful to think about the diet in temporary terms. Once youve identified the allergic foods of concern, those would be the only ones you'd have to continue eliminating. Still not an easy road, necessarily. But better than total elimination long term.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:30pm
The formula wasn't hypoallergenic but it was lactose free. Doing that seemed to help some but now she is fussy, gassy, has ezcema on her face and throws up periodically.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:57pm
But lactose free still has dairy protein, so if it's a dairy protein allergy - the most common allergy in infants - the formula would still cause baby problems.

Personally I'd eliminate all dairy - read labels for hidden dairy - and see if that makes a difference. And obviously any formula should be hypoallergenic.

Good luck!! We have a lit of experience with these issues in our family. I know it's tough!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 6:35pm

2 Month Check-In

BB Name: Jenna

BB Birth Weight: 7 lbs even

BB Weight Now: 12lbs. 4oz. (81%)

BB Height at Birth: 19 1/2 inches

BB Height Now: 23in (81%)

Longest stretch of sleep: 8 hrs (this a.m.)

Any Concerns: Not really except hoping baby sleeps in crib one day

Anything Else You'd Like To Share: not right now

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-15-2011 - 2:34pm

2 Month Check-In
BB Name: True
BB Birth Weight: 8.8 lbs
BB Weight Now: 14 lbs
BB Height at Birth: 20
BB Height Now: 22 3/4
Longest stretch of sleep: 6 hours (usually during the day!)
Any Concerns: none!
Anything Else You'd Like To Share: True has just started staying up for long periods of time...up until a few days ago he was just like a newborn, eat, poop and back to sleep. Which probably explains why he's grown so BIG!

Also, despite all the BFing/nipple issues we had in the beginning he is now nursing for less time (10 minutes per session) and is completely satisfied and happy for 3-4 hours or more!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-16-2011 - 1:23pm

2 Month Check-In

BB Name:

Lilypie - Personal picture

Pages