Bras what is good and what is not?

iVillage Member
Bras what is good and what is not?
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 11:45pm

Just thought I would take a poll on what folks tend to find good and bad (and what good bras people have found):

Good - Bad - Does not matter - a must!

Adjustable backs?

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 11:55pm

Adjustable backs? cup? straps? BEST WOULD HAVE IT ALL! BACK AND STRAPS A MUST!

Hole for the boob under the flap / no hole - just opens right up HOLES ARE ALWAYS TOO SMALL - BANE OF EXISTENCE!

Underwire / none NO WAY - POKES AGAINST FULL BREAST - MISERY!

Plastic hooks for closing front / metal hooks / none (slip over) LOVED THE METAL HOOKS BUT THEY ARE GONE :smileymad: (Have seen a plastic one that inserts inside clasp - that is the BEST but most clip in... ick but what can you do?

Opens from top / bottom / side OPENS FROM TOP best BOTTOM OK but side - NO

Seams / seamless - SEAMLESS and SOFT preferred!

Others... good material that can breathe

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 9:18am

I just ordered 2 Bravado bras from target online. I haven't received them yet so i'll let you know how i like them. Both 40 F/G cups as that's me now.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 10:15am

LOL. I had a breast reduction prior to having kids.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 3:27pm

Well i ordered two bravado's from Target.com..One white and one black..Well i got two black and the one which was the right color fits SO BIG and its a 40F/G and i was told i measured 40 F pregnant and my breasts are bigger so i guess this is just sized big. I have return that one to the store now sat..The huge one was Blissful nursing and actually the one which i want to keep is the wrong style too but i may keep that one (orig nursing bra -Bravado)..UGH..I also ordered nursing tanks but i don't like the side sling is sort of covering part of my breast. Back to the drawing board!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 11:33am

Just got the Original Maternity Nursing Bra from Bravado too.. I got a size LargePlus.