c-section recovery

iVillage Member
c-section recovery
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 9:24pm
I have a c-section scheduled for Monday morning (stubborn breech baby). What advice do you have?? My first was a very easy natural labor so I have no idea what to expect .. thanks ladies!
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 8:58am

From my experience, a scheduled c-section is much easier to recover from than an emergency one, so that's definitely on your side!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 11:12am

Both of my CS have been scheduled, so I'm not sure in the recovery from one of those vs. an emergency one but I would just say that the best thing you can do is take it slow. I remember the last time that I felt fine, but wound up overdoing it and had to rest for a few days. I think if you just take it slow right from the beginning, you will probably be able to avoid that. I'm trying to that this time. For example, after I've gone up to NICU to visit Jackson, I will usually lay down for awhile once I get back because even that walk can be tiring.

This time around, I was up and moving the day after, but not fully walking around without support until the next day. I do have some pain still and I'm taking the 600 mg Motrin for that. I'll continue taking that at home as much as needed as well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 2:48pm

I've had an emergency c/s, a VBAC and just had a scheduled c/s. This c/s was a breeze. Recovery was similar to my VBAC recovery (I had a 2nd degree tear). Of course, it also depends on your individual pain tolerance as well.

I was given Toradol right after my c/s this time around and OMG. It is amazing stuff. I had little to no pain. I was sitting up and walking upright (no hunched over c/s walk this time!) unassisted just hours after the surgery. Obviously I still had to take it slow as to not injure myself. I think most hospitals give Toradol now after a c/s, but just in case I would ask-- highly recommend it a believed it greatly helped with recovery.

Good luck!

Photobucket