Is everyone else swollen?

iVillage Member
Is everyone else swollen?
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 1:09pm

My feet, ankles, hands and wrists are pretty swollen..It started around memorial day wkd..It seems every time i go on a short vaca and i'm walking alot, i get very swollen. I just got back from a 2 night trip to the shore again (last one!) and i walked a ton and didn't eat so healthy (ate too much ice cream). I weighed myself and i gained about 5 pounds since last dr appt (it may be water and temporary --hope so). I haven't gained that much in a week or 2 weeks this pregnancy (only gained 15 up to this point). Is this cause for worry? I go to dr tomorrow so i guess if there's a problem (HBP etc) they will let me know.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 8:20pm
Perhaps it's due to the heat, but my fingers and toes currently look like links of sausages! I've always been on the skinny side, so it's a bit odd for me. This started only a few days ago, and I am due July 2nd. I can't even take my wedding ring off without soap!
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 9:46pm
swelling is really normal...though it can also be really uncomfortable and not so wonderful looking. my feet and legs get swollen daily. my fingers are also a big swollen, too. last pregnancy i looked puffy and swollen all over...even my face...thank G-d i don't have that this time. i just look like a big whale! LOL!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 9:53pm

I have been swollen for weeks now...dont know why, i have gained 17 lbs so far and actually lost 2 lbs last OB visit...my feet look like little pillows and I too feel like i have sausage toes, as a result i have been hiding my ankles with jeans but the 100+ weather is not helping

as a side note regarding your ring...proceed with caution, my sister experienced swollen fingers and when she went into labor (and had an emergency c-section) the docs cut off her ring :(

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 7:28am

i had swelling with first pregnancy but not this bad (but it was January)..It just started getting bad esp being outside alot and walking alot (at the shore) but it seems its not completely getting better. Thanks!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 9:25am

I've been lucky on that score... no swelling... I am sure my feet are spreading out again... one thing that summer is good for: sandals!

SEVERE swelling is a concern for pre-eclamsia, I believe, but some swelling is pretty normal.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 12:16pm

I am so swollen.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 1:59pm

That's not high at all (BP). I was at dr. today (bp normal and everything was good) so swelling is just that for me --swelling --no other cause for concern.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 8:20pm

This is the first pregnancy I haven't had everything swollen.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 9:57pm

My calves and feet have been swollen for quite awhile (thank goodness for flip flops!) but today was really the first time I noticed how bad my hands were! My fingers look like little sausages! I go to the Dr. on Tuesday, so I'm sure if it's anything they'll let me know. I do remember my feet and legs swelling pretty badly last time I was pregnant in the summer, but I don't remember my hands. Thank goodness I stopped wearing my rings!

Photobucket