Feeling Down :( Venting

iVillage Member
Feeling Down :( Venting
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 5:48pm

i planned the pregnancy after mulling it over for months and years but i am feeling so depressed lately worried about:

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 6:47pm

We TTC for a year, so obviously this was planned lol But when I finally got my BFP I almost had a

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 6:51pm

Lea, your post just got me teary eyed. I am a hormonal crazy person right now lol...you are too sweet and you made me feel better that i am not alone. I don't tell everyone this stuff because they don't get it.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 6:54pm

Well, Im glad I could help. Thats what these communities are for. Support without judgement. I dont have many IRL friends (really, almost none lol) so I know I need my online friends for the love and support I dont get from IRL girlfriends. Im here anytime you need to talk!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 6:54pm

First, I completely admire you for posting this. Because pregnancy is supposed to be so beautiful and magical... a lot of us are afraid to admit the not-so-great parts.

I was feeling this way the last few days actually. I've been feeling really guilty for getting pregnant again. I'm the girl that gets teased by her friends for being Miss Suzy Homemaker. I keep a clean house, cook meals my family loves, play endless games with my kids... and in my spare time, I bake goodies for my husband to bring to the guys at work... or text him sexy things until I can attack him when he gets through the door. When I'm not pregnant.

Right now, I have to take meds to keep from throwing up, I have an awful headcold, I have ZERO energy for anything or anyone, and I have to force myself to get up and play games with the kids instead of watching endless hours of TV while my husband works his butt off to keep our bank account happy. I feel really guilty for being pregnant right now. Like it's a selfish act... Mommy wanted a baby so Mommy sacrificed the kids HAVING their normal Mommy for 9 months to get one. My poor husband hasn't been allowed to touch me in days!

I know that at any moment, my hormones will change again and I'll be energetic and happy go lucky, positive me again. But right now, blech. I hate this part of pregnancy.

...And a pregnant friend that's due the same month we are but not on this board has sworn off Christmas this year. She's pregnant with baby #1 and decided that Christmas just isn't happening. She doesn't want to see a tree, a light, or a present. So, we're not the only ones not feeling perky right now!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 6:58pm

Right on! Im miss homemaker too LOL

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 7:05pm

Elizabeth your post made me smile and lol although i don't know if you meant it that way. You made me feel better too as at least i know i am not alone in my feelings. Oh and I have had absolutely zero sex drive since about 3 wks pregnant and have not had sex since 6 wks when the nausea got bad and now i have a cold too. I appreciate you telling your story and how you feel about your pregnancy. Maybe our stories will help eachother in dealing with our personal issues. You sound like a great wife and mother even if its when you are not pregnant ( i am not that good without small kids let alone with a baby or now). I admire all the women on here with 2,3,4,5 plus kids. I don't know how you do it! I am sure we are all beating ourselves up for nothing but as women we tend to worry all the time about being perfect everything. I have to get out of that and relax. That's funny about your friend not wanting to see anything christmas related. I will have people over my house xmas and I will try to enjoy it and not just get it over with.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 7:11pm

just want to say ----- I LOVE YOU LADIES!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 7:13pm

I'm glad I could make you laugh. In all honesty, we as women are just really hard on ourselves. My husband will watch me flip out at myself for something stupid that men just don't care about... and then he'll shake his head and say something like "Thank God I'm not a woman." Add an overdose of hormones to the equations and we're walking trainwrecks :smileywink:

I hope your mood settles and you're able to enjoy pregnancy. Getting over the cold and morning sickness in itself will improve it!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 7:17pm

You are so right!!! my husband doesn't even know how we

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-28-2010 - 7:26pm

LOL Mine either. And mine is absolutely clueless about what I'm going through. Even though this is my 5th pregnancy in 7 years. And I'm a wreck so his cluelessness + my wreckness = chaos. Our conversation last night...

Him: Are you just going to bed?? I haven't seen you much today!

Me: I'm exhausted... the kids didn't let me nap today...

Him: Fine. Go to bed.

Me: Fine. I'll stay up and suffer for YOU.

Him: What the h___ is your problem lately?

Me: *bursts into tears* I'm growing your baby---cut me some slack!

Him: I'm sorry...You must be so tired. I forget you're pregnant sometimes.

Me: *cries harder* I'm so glad YOU can forget!! I feel like DEATH!!

Pages