Gestational lactose intolerance?

iVillage Member
Gestational lactose intolerance?
Sat, 12-18-2010 - 9:34pm

OK.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-18-2010 - 10:31pm

well i find that i have (TMI) diarrhea more often when i have ice cream now..:) haha so i am starting to think its the milk

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-19-2010 - 6:48pm
I'm popping over form the August EC (browsing iVillage due to an utter lack of energy). Anyway, I'm pregnant with my 3rd right now, and I think I had something similar when I was pregnant with #2. I've had dairy issues off and on my whole life, but ate lots of cheese and yogurt with #1 with no problem. #2, I got slammed with morning sickness around 5 weeks, just after I discovered I was pregnant and tried to up my protein intake. I suffered for about a month, and then around 9 weeks something about the horrid taste in my mouth made me think dairy. I cut it out, other than a little cheese as a condiment, and within 48 hours, I was back to the mild queasiness I had with my first. I don't know if it was lactose with me, since I couldn't do cheese or yogurt. I'm still not 100% sure if it's real or a coincidence, but it's interesting to know that someone else has had a similar experience. I cut dairy as soon as I found out I was pregnant with #3, and have had only fairly mild nausea again. I've cheated a few times though, and haven't gotten too sick, so maybe it can come and go with different pregnancies?

Stephanie