How is your baby sleeping at night?

iVillage Member
How is your baby sleeping at night?
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 9:39am

So we are still sleeping in the living room. Its just more convenient right now. If i need a snack while breast feeding, kitchen is right there. Bathroom on 1st floor etc. We will at some point sleep in our bedroom and baby in her crib.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 10:48am

Molly was sleeping really good at night until last week.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 11:40am

WOW that's GREAT LaDonna!! I never had a baby who slept fabulously during the early months. First child woke up every 2-4 hours also..Longest Jenna has slept is 4 hours and that's not the usual. Its usually 3 hours first span at night and then 2-2.5 hrs.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 11:51am

Jay is pretty much following the pattern of his brothers.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 11:58am

Jackson's a little sporadic. The first couple nights we slept upstairs in my and SO's room, but he was waking up so much that I didn't feel I was being fair to SO since he has to be up at 5:45 for work everyday. For the past two nights, SO stayed downstairs with Jack until about midnight and then I came downstairs to stay with him until morning. The problem with this schedule is that Jack tends to be awake from his 7:30-ish feed until his next one (usually somewhere around 10:30 or 11) which means SO isn't even getting any rest in that time period. Once Jack is done with that later feed, he's been sleeping until 3 or even 4 so I've been getting LOTS of sleep and SO isn't. I'm thinking tonight I have to suck it up and just be the one to stay with him the whole time. Even though I'm really loving how it's been working because I feel really rested, I know SO doesn't and his job's really physical so it's not good if he's not getting any rest. Oh well, even if Jack doesn't settle until 11, I will probably still get a good amount of sleep. At some point in the next few weeks, though, he is going to have to sleep upstairs because I'll be going back to work and would like to sleep in my own bed : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 12:43pm
Grace is 11 days we go to bed around 10:30 ( that'll change when school starts) she wakes aroun 3 to nurse then sleeps till 10 or later . She cluster nurses before bed and when she gets up. I'm actually concerned she's sleeping too much she can sleep around the clock if I didn't wake her o nurse durn the day.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 1:01pm

Jenna also is still eating frequently mostly in evenings to bed time but also sometimes from 12 noon to bedtime!! Guess she's hungry. The most she's slept total is 4 hours without eating.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 3:55pm

Kaelyn is doing really well...she usually goes to bed around 10pm (and I go to sleep at the same time!) and usually wakes up to eat around 3am to nurse...then goes back to sleep until 8am.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 4:33pm

Liz - I'm thinking you are formula feeding since your SO is taking him for the first two feedings in the evening but I may be wrong and this may not be an option... and I don't know what kind of restrictions you have given he was in NICU.... but I was wondering.... in the evening babies often want to breastfeed more frequently... I would assume that formula or breastmilk that maybe the baby would sometimes want to feed more frequently at certain times... so what I was wondering was if your SO fed him again sometime in that gap... would he then go to sleep sooner?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 6:52pm

I actually tried that today. See, I know this sounds silly, but I was so worried about overfeeding because DS used to drink way too much formula because he was always fussy and I thought that meant he was hungry. Turns out it was the formula and I had to make a switch. Anyways today I noticed he was super fussy and I think it was from being hungry, so I gave him some extra formula in between his last two feedings. Maybe it will help : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 9:20pm

Carsyn has been sleeping pretty well. He will usually fall asleep after eating around 10- 1130 and then will stay asleep till about 4-6 and then wanna wake up to be changed and fed and stay up for a little bit. We get plenty of naps too durning the day =]

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pages