"Morning" sickness--anyone else completely miserable?

iVillage Member
"Morning" sickness--anyone else completely miserable?
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 1:36pm

I am just so miserable. I recently upped my Unisom and B6 dosage to 3 times a day instead of just at night. I still feel blaaahhh. I can barely eat and drinking anything is a nightmare. I am just SO THIRSTY. I daydream about guzzling an ice cold beverage, but NOTHING I drink agrees with me. Water is a no-go. I've tried Gatorade, juice. lemon water, etc etc. You name it, I've tried it.

I am only 8 weeks.. I can't do this for 4+ more weeks. I am thinking about taking my MW up on that offer for Zofran. I can barely function, and I have two little children that need me. I am so miserable, it's starting to make me depressed.

Anyone else feeling horrible?

Photobucket

iVillage Member

I'm waiting on a call from my doctor right now. The nurse already talked with me and was slightly concerned that I can't drink anything either... and that sea bands just make me feel dizzy. The unisom stopped working when I started throwing it up right away. This is just awful! 10 weeks today but that means nothing because I was queasy for 4 months with my youngest. No throwing up tho. This is new.

The doctor might want me to come in so he can check me for dehydration. I hope we start feeling better!

iVillage Member
I am!!! I'm right there with you. I do everything I can to hold it together at work - come home, puke, get into bed. Usually cooking is my favorite thing in the world - and I haven't made dinner in 4 weeks. Dh us doing EVERYTHING. The man is a saint!

I got a prescription yesterday for phenergan. I took a 1/2 last night and was actually able to get out of bed and have dinner with the family. And today has been pretty good without it! I actually ate a 1/2 sandwich without feeling like I'm going to vomit. I'm going to take another before bed tonight.
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I'm writing that down incase this doesn't work. Doctor just called in a prescription for Zofran in dissolvable form so I can't throw it back up (like I've been doing with the unisom). Hoping it works!

My DH has been the same way. But he's a terrible cook so we finally just went to the store and grabbed frozen pizzas, lasagnas, stirfry in a bag, and other quick meals he can throw in the oven on these days when I'm just not able to cook.

iVillage Member

I am right there with you!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Yup- today was the first day i gagged from brushing my teeth- and of course I puked afterward! Felt like poo most of the morning and early afternoon. If my doc offers me the Z I will definitely take him up!

Definitely take your MW

iVillage Member

i am feeling much better now but i am over 11 wks...