My Dumb Doctor and a few questions...

iVillage Member
My Dumb Doctor and a few questions...
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 4:37am

Please forgive me for anything misspelled or being rambly.. It's about 4 my time and I have woken up again feeling like I've been hit by a truck!!

This is a new ob for me, when I first went into his office at 7 weeks I was having cervical pain and spotting. He got some of my background, did a cervix check.. and even though I warned him that all my ob checks with all my kids my cervix has been severely high up and in back (usually I have to put my hands under my butt to tilt up and they still can't reach it sometimes, even when I'm in labor)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 11:14am

Well that little story made me REALLY appreciate my doctors! That is absolutely unacceptable. You can't switch???

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 11:38am

Jumping in from August EC...

As I was reading this, all I could think is "SWITCH!" Can you? I mean, obviously, you're not happy with your doctor (and for good reason!), and having a baby is a pretty big deal. You should be getting the BEST care for you and for your baby. Plus, the added stress of all this isn't gonna help anything. I hope you feel better

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 11:40am

You have only one dr? honestly where i go, i don't feel important but i am not high risk or anything. I see a different dr., nurse, mid-wife every time so no one really knows you. This is the city and there are only so many hospitals and places my ins. will pay for. Now going into 3rd trimester they want you to see the delivery doctors more. I will have seen this dr for maybe 10 min...and one of them will deliver me (whom ever is on call). I am glad i don't have any unusual issues besides maybe the pee issue because i don't feel like it would be treated like an emergency ( maybe they would tell me to go to ER who knows).

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 1:18pm

Hi Jennifer!

I am hopping over the September EC board. Reading this, I am horrified! I work for my OBGYN and we would never, NEVER shorten an OB appointment and hurry out the room! OB patients come first and if you are having contractions he should not dismiss you without checking you first. You should look into switching doctors, I know it might be hard due to some doctors not taking OBs past a certain time, but plead and explain to them what is going on. I wish you the best and hope you resolve this soon!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 5:25pm

Find a different OB fast. I had an OB like this before...blew me off. Ignored my concerns. I was going back to my family doctor for things. In the end, my baby died because of her stupidity. Do not push it until your baby is dead. Sure, that might not happen, but it could and you are taking chances if you stay with this dumb "doctor."

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-02-2011 - 10:36pm

#1 I'm gathering that your regular doctor is not dismissive? and takes good care of you?

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2011 - 8:17am
I agree with everyone else. You need to switch ASAP! You and your baby's health is most important, and ut sounds like this Dr. isn't putting your health first. I know it can be a pain to switch (I've done it myself ) but it is always worth it in the end to find a dr. who actually cares for their patients.

I am sorry you are going through this!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 12:42am
What an awful doctor!!!!!

I agree with everyone else. You should switch!

That baffles me that the office wouldn't call and tell you you don't have a UTI, Why exactly would he think someone would want to take a medication they don't need???
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 9:39pm

*hugs* Sorry you are dealing with this... I would definitly switch if allowed if I was in your shoes!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 1:06pm

This post made me so sad for you and made me feel very appreciative of my midwives (I have 2). I totally agree that you should take the time to find a new OB asap. Even though it seems late, chances are you've only seen your dr for this pregnancy about 4-6 times. And considering how visits increase in the third tri you'll see your new dr just as many if not more times. This is plenty of time to be happy and relieved about switching. When it comes time to push you won't want to be looking across from you to someone who makes you feel the way this dr obviously has. I would get a list of all the OBs in your area that take your insurance and see if you can find some reviews on them or try to get a recommendation from someone if you can.

Photobucket