Need suggestions --nursing bras for large breasted women that actually fit

iVillage Member
Need suggestions --nursing bras for large breasted women that actually fit
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 7:22am

I was a 40 F (DDD) and was wearing XL in sports bras and squeezed into a Medala 40 DD but they're tight and my breasts are even bigger since breastfeeding. I would assume i am a 40 G at this point. Any good brands for women my size and/or websites? I have looked at a few but don't want to waste money. There's not many stores in my area that have a maternity bra section. Funny i only went to a 38DD with first child.

iVillage Member
I'm having issues finding reasonably-priced nursing bras, too. I have 2 Medela ones (2 of the same) that I got from Buy Buy Baby. I like this bra, it's comfy, but the straps are pretty thick and so I can't wear the bra with skinny-strap tank tops or certain shirts. I looked in Target at their nursing bras but there was nothing -- not a single nursing bra -- in the size I need...36DD. I don't have a lot of money to spend but I really need a few more nursing bras. I'm with Jen...any suggestions would be helpful!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
i've been using leading lady nursing bras; they are WONDERFUL. i'm not sure if you're looking for molded cup or sports or sleep, but they have a great selection of all kinds, so i'd recommend checking there. good luck!
iVillage Member

I just ordered a Bravado original, but as the size gets bigger they style changes and becomes less and less flattering and useful as the size gets bigger.