No poop x3 days!

iVillage Member
No poop x3 days!
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 7:07am
True hasn't had a poo in 3 days! I know breastfed babies can sometimes go a few days with no poo but this isn't the usual for him. He usually poops quite a bit during the day(almost every diaper change) but he hasn't even had a smudge or a smear in 3 whole days!
He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and he's still nursing and peeing the same so I'm not too worried. Just wondering if anyone's been there and what to do? Wait it out?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 1:24pm

Normal for Eve is every 3-4 days, has been since she was a few days old.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 7:46pm
He pooped but it's not a "normal" poop, it's more like liquidy stain in his diaper. Before he would have seedy mustard poos, this is mustard stained diaper. Pee's are still normal. I'm still going to keep an eye on it. And eat more fruit!!!
Thanks ladies
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:17am

April,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 6:11pm
Had this with both my previous girls ... not yet with #3. But it IS normal. And might just be a changing pattern. It can go as long as 10 days to 2 weeks and be perfectly normal. I had one that regularly started going a week between poops ... then usually several poops in a row ... then another week break.

Keep and eye on the wet diapers in the meantime. If you get too concerned, see if you can take baby for a weight check, as this is the gold standard to know that baby is getting enough milk. But I probably wouldn't do that unless you start seeing closer to the week to 10 days between poops on a consistent basis. Personally ... 3 days wouldn't make me bat an eye.