A question for BTDT Green Teamers

iVillage Member
A question for BTDT Green Teamers
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 3:30pm

Can you share what it was like to wait until birth? How did you deal with the anticipation? Or the constant questions from everyone? Were you at all tempted to cave during the u/s and just find out? How did you deal with the temptation to find out?

This

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 3:48pm

I had no choice haha so i couldn't find out if i wanted. it was a fine pregnancy and my theme was Winnie the Pooh good for a girl or a boy and just got generic things for baby and did get gender neutral clothing for a new born.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-22-2010 - 6:15pm

hi...

I didnt find out with my 2nd but i did with my 1st and 3rd, and i dont plan on finding out with this one either...

I didnt find out by choice...it was easy for me not to find out because everybody said i would cave..and i love to prove everybody wrong so that was my modivation.

But as for the best part...When i delievered my son, the moment he was born, (i had told the nurses and the doctor they had better not tell me what the sex was because i wanted to hear from my husband) anyway when he was born and they laid him on my chest the nurses were just as excited, and they were like well what is it dad what did we have....then he started screaming its a boy its a boy...the nurses started to yell, and they were all jumping up and down and my dh was jumping up and down (he really wanted a boy btw) but it is a moment in time that i get excited about everytime that i think about it...i will never forget...and because of that i dont want to find out with our last one either..it was amazing and i want to go thru that again.

as for clothes and stuff i just bought a couple of gender neutral stuff, and went shopping when he was lke 5 days old to get boy clothes....it was so much fun. and i recommend it to all my friends (none of them have taken my advice)...

Krista

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-22-2010 - 6:32pm

I waited with my first and plan to wait with this one as well.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-22-2010 - 8:58pm

We did not find out with our first.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-28-2010 - 4:13pm

We wanted to be surprised with DS.

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-28-2010 - 8:36pm

We did not find out with either of ours--I didn't care either way with the first, which turned out to be a girl--but with the second I really wanted a girl b/c my first daughter is such a tom boy I really wanted a girl so the anticipation was much higher and I thought for sure it would be a boy that I just about jumped off the bed when she came out a girl!

BabyFetus Ticker