sex

iVillage Member
sex
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 6:56pm

How long have you waited to have sex after having baby?

I've always waited 6-8 weeks after giving birth to have sex.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: rocheen
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 10:03pm
We wait till my doctor ok's it at my checkup
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 10:42pm

TMI but my postpartum bleeding has not stopped and usually does not until after 5-6 weeks, so I don't usually do intercourse this early.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 12:06pm

DTD for the first time last night!

Photobucket Blog: www
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 12:43pm
This time around I also actually wanted sex! It was a much different story after the births of my other two.

I am exactly 1 month PP today, and we've DTD 2 times. Once at 3 weeks, and jus the other day. Very pleased to say that it's been great too! I guess the key is I actually WANTED it this time. If you don't feel ready yet, maybe you aren't.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 1:46pm

We've also DTD a couple times as well. I had waited 6 weeks with my first one and then with DD, I think we waited about 3 weeks....that's about as far as we got this time as well. I'm sure my doctor probably would say I should have waited, but oh well ; )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 3:01pm

Def not before 6 weeks but i am 6 wks tomorrow and have dr visit tuesday (UGH!!!). I don't think i can squeeze sex in anymore. We are sleeping downstairs still. With baby up at night at least once, we are both tired and having a teen in the house that can hear things, its prob NOT going to happen. I am glad i kept having sex pregnant until last week. I knew it would few and far between now. Plus when teen daughter is out, its so nice out, we do things and would have to wait for baby to nap./sleep, i think we'd have to really really be into it to try and fit it in (no pun intended). I never felt physically comfortable until 5 mths later (from first L&D) so don't see it being on my list for a while. We'll see.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 1:46am
My midwife says no sex for 2 weeks ... then use a condom until 6 weeks. At 6 weeks, they usually confirm everything is back in the right place, etc.

I'm not comfortable until after the bleeding has stopped, which seems to be taking longer this time around.

But I'd say go for it if you feel ready. I know in the past, I really needed KY or similar at first, so you might have something like that available just in case.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:19pm

I guess if you've had a C you're not scared to put anything in down there lol..I haven't put a clean finger in there let alone a penis. I also pushed long, was swollen down there very much and tore. I JUST started feeling a little normal down there. I still want the ok from dr before i would do that to avoid any chance of infection. I had a procedure done yrs ago and had sex too soon and got a bacterial infection. We really are so busy that i haven't even thought about sex and i have a high sex drive. I think bAby is occupying my thoughts these days.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:29pm

Jen, believe me I know what you're talking about.

I had a VBAC with my 2nd child, and WOW. I was so freaking swollen and sore for weeks (I had a 2nd degree tear as well) thanks to the trauma during delivery, that I did not even want to think of the word sex, let alone have it, for MONTHS. I think we finally had sex a little over 3 months later -- and this was mostly just to please DH as well as get over my own fears (after the birth I was so traumatized, I wanted nothing to do with my vag). It took a while to enjoy sex again too. I am very grateful to not be feeling so negative about it this time around.

There is definitely no harm in waiting.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:53pm
Last pregnancy, we waited 4 weeks even though the doctor recommend 6 weeks. This time, we waited 4 weeks as well. I am honestly in no mood to DTD, but DH was. If it was up to me, SF would probably wait another month or two. If I am in bed, I just want to sleep. DH has a doctors appointment today for a consultation for the big V. He will probably want to s few more times before he gets it done.

Pages