Share your induction stories

iVillage Member
Share your induction stories
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 9:51am

Hey ladies,

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 2:43pm
LOL, I just posted a similar questionnaire on the August boards :)

1. I've only been induced with my DD at 40w 2d.

2. I was dilated to 1 and soft for one week prior, having light contractions about 10-15 min apart when I reported to hospital (I couldn't feel them).

3. I had a foley catheter placed in my cervix at 4 pm and was left alone that night to sleep. It did nothing :) At 7 am, they started pitocin. Sometime after noon (my OB's lunch break) she broke my water when I was about 4 cm dilated. My daughter was a little sideways, so I was also told to rock back and forth. After a few hours of this- I was in some real pain and I got an epidural around 5 pm after I found out I was only dilated to a 6/7. I was completely dilated around 8:30 pm and pushed for 1.5 hrs. My epidural made me completely numb and I could not feel a thing. My daughter was born at 9:50 pm, apgars 9 & 10. There were no complications other than a had a little tear. She was 8 lbs 12 oz. and breastfed awesome right from the start. Oh, she was slightly jaundiced (I guess because of my blood type? o+) but never needed any treatment or extra tests.

4. 2 days after EDD

5. From start of pitocin it was 14.5 hrs
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 3:37pm

Well, I was induced with my first DS, and I hesitated to reply here only because my experience was decidedly NOT that pleasant.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 7:27pm
Alex induction 40 weeks 1 day went in the night of 40 weeks even my blood pressure was rising I was 0cm no effacement they put in cervical then started picition at 4 am I was a whole 1/2 cm by then lol. I had him at 10:18 am so right over 6 hours for the induction about 3 hours of that was labor I pushed 3 times he was 7 lbs 4 ounces no epi

Lily induction at 40 weeks even I had been 3 cm with her for a month but seriously never felt the contractions her Induction was right under 4 hours her labor part of that was right under an hour. Again only 3 pushes 8 pounds 9 ounces no epi

Graces induction is set up for 38 weeks 5 days as long as something is happening with my cervix. We decided it was best to go a little early this time due to the speed of my previous labors and Lilys size. The doctor suspects it will be fast again and again I won't push till she's close to coming out of her own. Why waste energy when my body will pushing her from the contractions
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 9:19pm

1. How does it compare to a natural labor if you've had both?

I was induced with my 1st child, and went into labor naturally with my second. IME, there really wasn't much difference, other than a slightly longer early labor phase, and the ability to move around and deal with the pain better when I went into labor naturally at home.

2. Were you diliated/effaced at all before the induction started?

I was barely dilated (a "fingertip"), barely effaced and baby still high. Looking back, I was a HIGHLY unfavorable candidate for induction... and I think my OB knew this, but didn't really care.

3. Did the induction work?

Photobucket