Sibling gifts

iVillage Member
Sibling gifts
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 6:00pm
For those of you with older kids, will you do a sibling gift? If so, when will you give them to the older child? I bought DS a litle train set that he has been wanting ( and he can play with at the hospital) plus a book called My New Baby and Me, which is a book about the new baby from the older child's POV. He will need an adult to help him compoets it. My MIL is up for it. But when do I give them to him?

Aryn
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 6:06pm
I'm taking my son to build abeam Friday to pick something for him and something for Gracie. He gets to keep his at that point and give the baby hers at the hospital. I'll pick something else to give him at the hospital to keep him entertained.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 7:46pm
I just bought my son 2 Thomas & Friends trains yesterday (Skarloey and Ferdinand) that will be his gifts from his sister. He just turned 3...*VERY* into his engines, as he calls them ;) Figured it would be perfect for him to be able to open and play w/ them when he first visits us at the hospital.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 9:08pm
I think all little boys go through a Thomas phase. Alexsbwas from age 1-5 everything was Thomas. Now it's poke on so I may get him a couple stuffed ones for the hospital
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 10:15pm
oh, i totally agree! tristen had some trains before (for about a yr) but wasn't really interested in them at all until he began watching thomas videos a few months ago. now his whole life is all about thomas & friends -- his engines. they're all lined up on my living room window ledge :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 2:44pm
I'm getting DD (3) a boy cabbage patch doll, with this baby's name & due date on his birth certificate. I'm going to give her "her baby" when she comes to visit me in the hospital the first time. I think *hope!* she will like it because she keeps telling me she has a baby in her belly too :)
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 3:31pm

I got all of them Big Sister/Brother shirts which I am waiting to arrive from this site:

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:49am
In the past, I have gotten the siblings gifts for when they visited me and the baby in the hospital. The hospital I deliver at has siblings' cakes but it is really just a small birthday cake for the baby's birthday so the siblings can celebrate too. So, I have ordered that in the past and then after the cake, I give each sibling their present and say its from the baby or because we wanted to celebrate them being such great big brothers/big sister. I haven't picked anything up this time yet but I probably need too. DS7 and DS5 want a fish so I was thinking about that but that really can't come to the hospital. Maybe I will buy the little fish tank and let them pick out the fish later.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:55am

Well DH is taking ds (6) to see Cars 2 (again, we saw it monday lol) and if dd (13) wants to go she will.

BUTas for gifts:

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 12:31pm
Thank you for that etsy site! I am ordering a shirt for J.T. right now.

Aryn
Photobucket