SPD?

iVillage Member
SPD?
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 11:00am

Hi girls,

iVillage Member
In reply to: nomadsam
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 2:26pm

I have the same pain. It's in my lower abdomen and pelvis and goes to the joints between my thighs and hips and sometimes around my back. When I sit down too long it hurts to walk. It hurts to lift up my leg to put on pants. My doctor told me that it's Round Ligament Pain and it's completely normal. I had it with my first baby as well. Maybe that is what you are experiencing?? I've never heard of SPD. I'm going to have to look it up. I hope you feel better. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 4:29pm
I've never heard of this until you posted about it.

I get soreness in my pubic symphysis. I've had it in past pregnancies too. It's not a constant thing, just every once in a while. It's a very different feeling than round ligament pain, so that's not it.

For me, it's sporadic and doesn't worsen over time. Once I have the baby, it completely stops.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-20-2011 - 8:16pm

Mine's been TERRIBLE this time around. I asked at my last appointment about it because I do remember it from my first two pregnancies, but it had seemed to me that it didn't happen until later on. Combined with my sciatic pain, it's been pretty brutal. The doctor said that with each subsequent pregnancy it can get worse and start earlier. She didn't really offer me any help, but if it keeps up to this extreme, I'm definitely asking about the brace/girdle you were talking about. I can't imagine going through another 4 months of this...I can barely walk sometimes. (((HUGS))) to you for going through the same thing. It is NOT FUN!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 1:51pm

Thanks for the responses girls, though I'm sorry to hear that you are all going through it as well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 8:18pm

The good thing is that at least we can all complain about it together and no one gives you looks or says "oh that's what happens in pregnancy". It's nice to be able to just whine sometimes ; )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 9:04pm
Ive got it.
Ive had it since early on, like 8-9 wks.
I get it after walking lots.
Since I started getting the pain. I limit picking up my DD. I sit to put on clothes & distribute weight evenly on both legs. I also limit exercise.
They say kegels can help
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 9:31pm

My first thought was "how do you diagnose that?"

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 9:29am
I talked to my doctor yesterday and she said that I don't have SPD because my pain isn't severe enough. She also said another reason I don't have it is because my pain isn't consistent. One day it'll be a radiating pain, the next it won't be.

She did tell me to get a maternity belt though. I think I'm going to get one because my pubic bone pain is starting to become less sporadic and more constant lately.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 9:29am

BabyFetus Ticker