? Stretch marks ?

iVillage Member
? Stretch marks ?
Wed, 03-30-2011 - 11:40pm

After having my first DS I am left covered in these ugly stretch marks!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 12:25pm

I can't tell you i have any solutions. I had very bad stretch marks from my first pregnancy (at 21)..mostly on my stomach and i can't remember when they started but they were gross and looked like purple and red lightning bolts..Over the last 15 yrs they became lighter but now they are bigger but still white (like the left over color). All I hope

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 12:21am
My belly is COVERED in stretch marks. I have some on my breasts too. I've tried cocoa butter, but that never worked for me either.

My mother used mederma for a scar she had, and it actually worked for her. She had to have either part or all of her thyroid gland removed (can't remember which), so she had a nasty scar on her neck. Unless you're looking for it, it's pretty unnoticeable now. I haven't tried Mederma on my stretch marks, but I'm going to some time.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 5:16pm

I also have a huge scar on my neck from having the laft

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 6:14pm

April, i have heard that mederma does work. GL i won't get anything for mine unless they get the horrible lightning bolt red/purple colors back like 15 yrs ago...The faded skin color that it is right now doesn't bother me at all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 1:28am
I'm not sure how long after her surgery she started doing Mederma. I'll ask her and get back to you on that.

Even with an old scar, there has been success with Mederma decreasing its appearance. Problem is, you have to use it 3 times a day for months. A few people argue that it's no more effective than petroleum jelly.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 3:09am
I don't think it is too late. I had a few doctors recommend Mederma and I have used it on a couple places to reduce the scar. I think it works better if you use it right away but I have had success reducing the appearance of old scars too. Mederma is expensive and it is kind of tough to buy the first time but it has worked for me and I think it is worth the money.