Triple nipple/all purpose nipple ointment

iVillage Member
Triple nipple/all purpose nipple ointment
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 9:27am
This is a prescription ointment that the pharmacy mixed for me, the only thing it says on the jar is "use as directed" but didn't come with how to use, how much, how long. I looked it up and everything I find on the Internet says... Use sparingly after each feed, up to 5 days, do not wash off. Anyone else ever used this? What were the directions you got?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 11:29am
I'm pretty sure you use after every feeding ... no need to wash it off between feedings - you can just wipe off any visible excess. Did you check with the breastfeeding board? I also think the Dr. Newman link has some pretty good instructions for use ... it's his recipe.

HTH
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 7:43pm
I didn't get to the breastfeeding board, actually I didn't know there was one! I'll have to check it out, thanks.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 8:05pm
Here's the link:
http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Breastfeeding-Support-Ask-the/ct-p/iv-ppbreastfeed

I think there are actually a couple breastfeeding boards on ivillage, but I prefer the above one, as a very large number of the questions are answered directly by an international board certified lactation consultant. She's truly wonderful. The CL for the board is a lactation consultant in training ...

It's really a tremendous resource.

HTH