Types of labor pains

iVillage Member
Types of labor pains
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 11:09pm

How do your labor pains feel to you?

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 4:37pm

Mine felt like gas pains, in fact, that's what I thought they were, even though my water had already broken (denial much?)

Obviously they got more intense but that's how they started out.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 4:55pm
For me, when I have real contractions - and I really only have felt them when I am in active labor - it feels like a stabbing pain through my vagina. I guess I dilate and my cervix thins so much in the weeks before my labor, that when it does start, I pretty much go right into active labor where I should be at the hospital.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 9:10pm
"For me, real labor contractions feel like major charlie horses in my belly."

oh my gosh that sounds horrible. I spent my whole first pregnancy with LOTS Of charlie horses in my legs, scared to death that THAT was what a contraction would feel like & that I could never handle it.

I would not describe my contractions that way though, I felt like they were more of a generally intense, strong, tight, shaking feeling centered in my pelvis. I could say like gas pains, crazy big ones!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 10:28pm
mine alays felt like major period cramps. Starting in my back and coming around to my stomach and down my pubic region.This pregnancy is different though. For the past 3 days I've been having major stabbing pain in the area where my ovaries are. I'm not sure exactly what's going on with this, but i hurts so bad when it happens that it bends me over and I can't breath.
Photobucket