iVillage Member
What makes you most nervous/scared?
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 9:30am

Hi Ladies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 12:03pm

starting over for me. My child is 14 (15 when baby is here). BIG age difference!!! i am so much older than when i had my DD. I am worried about invasive testing being over 35, finances. My home is small too. The baby's room is very small and farthest from our room so we will keep baby in our room for 1st year probably.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 12:48pm
i can completely understand how it's starting over for you. but at least your daughter is old enough to be a true help to you...and extra set of hands. how does she feel about being a big sister? i hope she's happy!

as for finances, yeah...i totally have been trying not to be stressed but i'm sorta in the same situation as you. i was the major bread winner until the economy went bust & i lost 2 jobs in 2 years. now i'm working temp part-time but that's only until the end of march. i don't want to go back to work full-time but i'll be lucky if i can find anything where i earn enough. my hubby's a teacher so we obv. can't live on just his salary either.

as for the testing for 35+ crowd, do you have a choice? i mean if that's something you don't want to do? just wondering. i'm 33 so not too far off but not there yet that i need those tests...but i'd be really scared, too!
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 1:19pm

Alicia, thx! well my daughter is very into herself and her friends and boys! She's hardly home now. She is a little happy but she doesn't really care. She's at that really selfish teen age. She said she doesn't want to change diapers or want to see me breast feed. Lol..she also says she'd be happier if i had a daughter b/c she doesn't want to see baby penis everywhere. What a nut! hahaha i think at 10 she would have been a bigger help than now. I guess when she's grown she'll be happier maybe but she used to tell me she liked being an only child. Ohhhh well.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 5:23pm

My kids had to share a room before we upgraded to a larger condo.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 5:40pm
Oh ladies...haha...I think you misunderstood me. We only have 1 bedroom in this condo we live in. That's 1 bedroom for all of us to share. My hubby and I + Tristen + new baby. It's a pretty big bedroom so space-wise, sharing with Tristen hasn't been bad. Though privacy wise and just having our own time and space, it's gotten increasingly more difficult. But now we're out of closets and kinda outta space in the bedroom for another crib -- so I guess we'll be using the pack 'n play in there after the bassinet days are over.

My sister and I also shared a room until I was 14 years old (I was just about 6 when she was born). It was not fun at all...maybe for a minute, LOL! I have no problem w/ my children sharing a room...but their own room. I don't want to share my bedroom w/ my kids forever!
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 5:41pm

I'm probably most nervous about our car.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 6:04pm

Oh.. I have a list that would probably last an hour and be way too long!! Off the top there are.. finances (always tight with a big brood), space (we live in a 3 bd

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 6:56pm

okay i gotcha. Well for the time being it will have to do right? it will work out in the end. We all have no choice now lol...and with the economy its tough to move, tough to sell and tough to get loans. I get it. Thankfully they are both small. At some point, i am sure you will get something with 2 bedrooms. I know where you live is very expensive. I am in phila and its expensive enough. i wish i lived in the country sometimes --much cheaper than where we live!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 7:00pm
i can imagine the stress of figuring out transportation for a larger family. either way you slice it, it's an expense and not a small one. i hope you can work something out that's the least costly for you and still a great option. i have a honda pilot, i love it. it has a spacious 3rd row and fits 8 people comfortably. though my hubby has a nissan sentra (i hate that car!) and once the 2nd car seat goes in there, it's gonna get mighty squooshy!
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 7:37pm
wow...you surely need some mega vitamins & maybe some meditation/yoga. you must be a most incredible mom...4 kids and a 5th on the way. it must be challenging daily to help your oldest through some of the things he deals with, but rewarding when things go well. yeah, i see everyone has their own "stuff"...some more serious than others. at least we all have a place like this to come :)

Pages