Where did your water break (BTDT mamas)?

iVillage Member
Where did your water break (BTDT mamas)?
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 12:51am

Where has your water broken in previous births?

I am just now wondering - am I going to ruin my mattress? my new carpet???

Pages

iVillage Member
In the hospital broken by the doctor both times, chances are that's where yours will too. Only a small percentage of women actually have their water break on it's own. It's not like on tv
Photobucket
iVillage Member

#1 shower / bed - it leaked a little first while I was in the shower.

iVillage Member

in the hospital by doctors for me. My mom did have her water break on her own w/ pregnancies but yeah i heard its rare.

iVillage Member
LOL you might be right, t.v. has given me a series of dramatic options for water breaking LOL!!

iVillage Member
Depends! Great idea :-)
Okay I am definitely putting a pad down on the bed/floor next to the bed!
It definitely sounds like MOST times the water breaks in the hospital, and mostly not even naturally!

iVillage Member

What happened in your first labor ?

iVillage Member
All three of mine broke before I got to the hospital.

The first broke while I was sleeping. It wasn't a gush, just a leak every time I changed positions. I kept thinking I needed to pee that was the problem. I put on a pad and had to change it every time I got up. It took me a few hours to catch on. I plead ignorance associated with first time pregnancy.

The second and third broke sometime before I got to the hospital. I am not really sure when which seems very odd, but I didn't even know until I got to the hospital and they checked me and said my water had already broken. Maybe it was a small leak or just coincidentally broke while I was going to the bathroom so I didn't notice. Both times though, I woke up in the middle of the night with strong contractions (I was in active labor at that point) and I just got up and went to the bathroom right away, so I would think that there is a pretty good possibilitiy that it did happen when I went to the bathroom.

This time, I am worried it will happen again and I won't know. I have concerns about having sex or doing something else you shouldn't after my water has broken since it has occured twice and I didn't know. You would think by number 4 I would be an expert or have everything down but I definitely do not.

iVillage Member
My BFF's water broke while her and her DH were DTD.
My water started leaking in the middle of the night with my first. I kept thinking I was leaking pee out, until I changed my panties for the 3rd time in an hour, I realized what was happening. The other 2 times the ob broke it in the hosp.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

My water broke with DS while I was in bed and yes, it did make the bed pretty gross. Luckily, we were sleeping on the pull out sofa in our living room at the time because our only bathroom was downstairs and it was way too much to have to go up and down stairs all night long to pee. It all cleaned up though. I was always terrified of my water breaking while I'm driving...that's enough to cause an accident!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Mine kind of was like on TV.

Pages