WIll you find out the gender? Why or why not?

iVillage Member
WIll you find out the gender? Why or why not?
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 12:20am

WIll you find out the gender?

Pages

iVillage Member
Oh I have to know. For one, I do not have the willpower to wait to find out. I think the surprise would be great but so could not handle the waiting. And two, I am a planner. I have picked out strollers travel systems for both boy and girl(don't like any of the neutral colors) and the playards(with bassinets) to match. So I need to know ahead of time so I can buy the right things. Plus I am not much for gender neutral clothing. Well certain ones are okay.

And yes, if I know then everyone that I know will want to know.

Alicia
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

YES i definitely will. with my DD they couldn't predict gender so i had no idea until she was born (Jan 96)..so i am very excited to find out this time around. they may be able to find out at 15 wks. my ob/gyn offices give you u/s when they want not when you want.

iVillage Member
Yeah, we have had 2 stubborn ones. It was the biggest pain in the butt EVER not being able to plan for them!! They were breach by the 19 week US's though :P the rest we have and have saved a fortunein clothing etc that way lol! There really is not gender neutral clothing lol , if you have a girl most of us will want it dressed like one. Same deal with a boy. It gets exceedingly old answering redundant questions otherwise. People will still ask gender once in a while but it's 99% less.
mysig

iVillage Member

When we first got married and were talking kids we knew we wanted 3 and said that if we got a boy and a girl we wouldnt find out with the 3rd one since we already had one of each.

iVillage Member

We will be on team green this time!

Photobucket Blog: www
iVillage Member

funny how we have choices now. I am excited to find out the gender so early. Think about when they couldn't predict gender or they predicted wrong alot. i think there are a few mom to be's on here that had children during the 90's when u/s were not reliable. My cousin was told around the time i had my DD that she was having a girl so she did a whole girly room and guess what it was a 3rd boy!!!!!!! It didn't bother me with my DD guess b/c i had NO choice but now i want to know. so neat to be pregnant now with all the technology!!

iVillage Member

I found out during the 18 week ultrasound with both my pregnancies, and told everyone right away. I am not sure what to do this time. DH says he is fine with whatever I choose.

This will be our last child, so I know I want to do something different. I am thinking about telling the ultrasound tech to write the sex down and put it in a sealed envelope so I can bring it to the bakers and have them bake a cake with pink or blue in the middle, and having a "sex party" or gender reveal party.

The other thing I have been toying with is just wait until birth to find out--I think that would be just so AWESOME. But the problem with that is I am pretty impatient,

So, long story short (too late LOL), I am undecided!

Photobucket

iVillage Member

We will be finding out...I'm just too much of a planner now to wait!!!!

iVillage Member

We're undecided. I am a planner and would want to know for that reason, but also would love the surprise of waiting. I have 2 boys now and have everything I would need for another, but if we're having a girl, I would need to do some serious shopping. I'm not a big fan of gender neutral clothes. I still have a couple months to find out so hopefully I'll decide by then.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
We will 100% be finding out. I can't wait! It's usually between 18 and 20 weeks. So I think it'll be the very end of Feb for me. I want to know, have to know! :) If it's another boy, then we already have tons of boy stuff. But if it's a girl, I'll need all girl clothes & some girlie stuff. To me, it's always a surprise no matter when you find out.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages