April 2013 Chit Chat

iVillage Member
April 2013 Chit Chat
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 10:35am

Welcome to another monthly thread!  And Happy April Fool's Day.

So far I haven't been pranked too badly here at work, but the kids are so young here (K-2) that their pranks are pretty lame.

Has anyone played any pranks on you today?  Are you planning any?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 2:10pm

Saying hi just for the sake of saying hi so you aren't talking to yourself :)
I hope you are doing well and starting to enjoy spring.  We made it into the 70's here today and it is fantastic.  DH is out of town this week so I am doing my best to keep incredibly busy to make the days go by faster, especially with a cold going through my house.  Normally we lay low after dinner time but yesterday I took the girls for a great walk around some of the side streets here (an amazing workout since it is all hills) and today I am hoping to go to a toddler park in town once they are up from naps.  It is pretty exhausting being on my own with the two of them all day but keeping busy keeps my mind off the clock and how tired I am.  Sadly I have become a coffee drinker though.  I made it nearly 31 years without drinking coffee (just the occasional cup of tea) but I think I may be dependent on the caffeine now.  This morning I bought my first ever iced coffee :P

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 4:23pm

Hi!  Thanks for keeping me company.  

We made it into the 70s here as well - too bad I was stuck inside teaching all day.  It's about time spring decided to finally show up.

I can imaging how exhausted you are with 2 LO all by yourself for the entire week.  We've got a huge upper respiratory bug going through our house right now.  Jesse and Josh both have it bad.  Josh was almost taken to the hospital after his drumline championships because he was struggling to breathe for a while, and he's lost 15 pounds since easter because of it.  He's now on high dose antibiotics, and Jesse is on nebulizer treatments.  We tried to keep Jenna away from them, but it seems like she's getting it now too.  I hope I don't get it - next week is my spring break and I don't want to be bed ridden for it.

Not a fan of coffee.  I really only had it once when I was around 10 (by accicent - I thought it was tea with milk in it) and it was enough to let me know I didn't like it at all.  If I need caffiene I drink Barq's root beer instead.

Jenna qualified for Speech Therapy and an extra hour per week of developmental therapy.  Her speech therapy starts next week with a fellow teacher in my school district.  We switched DI teachers a few weeks back and have seen some progress that we didn't see with the other therapist.

Indoor drumline season ended Saturday with the Championships, we came in 3rd place which was a huge improvement over last years drumline (that Josh was not a part of).  So now I don't have rehearsals to get him to and from every evening.  But starting next month he will have to go to Allentown every weekend for Drum corp.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 10:54am
Hi!! I'm here! I'm excited to announce that Baby #4 is on the way. My June Sunshine Sweetie will be a big sister in late December. We are doing well. Homeschooling is going well, and we are so excited that our preschooler is in his last month of pre-K. We will be bringing him home for kindergarten. Charlotte is growing like crazy, and her vocabulary is blossoming right now. She is our serious little one, but when she giggles, you can't help but smile with her. I'll try to remember to stop by more often. I still have technical problems with ivillage sometimes. Erica
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 8:27pm

Hi Erica!  Congrats on baby # 4!  Laura just had baby #2 (a boy) yesterday.

Glad to hear things are going well with the homeschooling, and that Charlotte's vocabulary is blossoming.  Jenna is now getting Speech therapy and developmental therapy 3 hours a week.  She is starting to make more sounds and trying to say more words - hopefully they will stick this time.  She is also learning some basic sign language in order to communicate her needs better when words fail her.

Are you still teaching that college course?