Checking In!

iVillage Member
Checking In!
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:52am

Hi ladies,

I wanted to start a new thread to check in with you all to see if you have any questions or issues we can address related to the in-house boards that launched on Monday.  I know there has been some concern about issues replying to posts and/or being able to log in. How are things today? Are you still experiencing these issues?

Also, we have an iVillage Help topic that you may want to visit if you are running into any other issues.  CD Jessica is posting updates to message board fixes there.  Feel free to stop in and ask any questions you may have.

iVillage Help- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

You can also reach me directly by sending an email to pboards@mail.ivillage.com.  I'll be sure to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much for your patience as we iron out all the kinks!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmkristy
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:08pm

Thanks for posting this Kristy!  I didn't get a chance to get on here during the weekend.

As long as I use the regular Reply button things are good.  The speed seems a bit better today than it was last week as well.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:04pm

tmdm2007 wrote:
<p>Thanks for posting this Kristy!  I didn't get a chance to get on here during the weekend.</p><p>As long as I use the regular Reply button things are good.  The speed seems a bit better today than it was last week as well.</p>

Great to hear, Donna!  Good to know that the bugs are being resolved. I know our tech team is working very hard!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 10:19am

Things seem better for me too, in terms of logging in and being able to actually comment on posts.  i had some trouble yesterday afternoon with speed of connection, but that may have been on my end and not ivillages so i wouldn't worry about it.

I'm still not thrilled with some of the changes - like how you can't see how many responses are "new" so you never really know if you have already read the comments to a post or not, though it does appear to jump you to new comments when you open the thread which is good (except for on a brand new post where it jumps right to the comments and I have to scroll back up to see the original post that was made).  Hopefully all things to change in the future.....

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:03am

newlywed2010 wrote:
<p>Things seem better for me too, in terms of logging in and being able to actually comment on posts.  i had some trouble yesterday afternoon with speed of connection, but that may have been on my end and not ivillages so i wouldn't worry about it.</p><p>I'm still not thrilled with some of the changes - like how you can't see how many responses are "new" so you never really know if you have already read the comments to a post or not, though it does appear to jump you to new comments when you open the thread which is good (except for on a brand new post where it jumps right to the comments and I have to scroll back up to see the original post that was made).  Hopefully all things to change in the future.....</p><p>Thanks!</p>

Thanks so much for your feedback!  I'm glad to hear that you are experiencing less difficulties when on the boards.  You are not the only person to raise the point about being able to see what threads/posts are new or not.  I checked into that and this is something they will for sure be adding back.  They are working on getting the bugs fixed first, then they will work on other items such as this. 

photo snowsiggy.png