Each pregnancy gets harder

iVillage Member
Each pregnancy gets harder
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 12:22pm

Hello Ladies,

This is my third pregnancy and I hate to complain, but I feel more comfortable discussing this with all of you.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 12:46pm
This is my third one also. I don't feel like it's been any harder, but I am definitely more tired than I was with the other two. But I'm also working full time with a toddler and a teenager at home. My first pregnancy was definitely the worst one pain wise.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 2:08pm
This pregnancy has definitely been a lot harder on me so far than my first. Like you, I have had more aches and pains, heartburn, I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions (sometimes kind of painful ones) around 16 weeks and I don't recall ever feeling them with DD. My first pregnancy ended at 30w 3d with an emergency c-section due to preeclampsia so hopefully I don't have a reapeat of that. This one has been rough enough on me that I definitely don't want anymore after this little guy gets here. I don't think I can go through all this again!!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 2:27pm
This is my second and while I wouldn't say it's harder perse, it's definitely a lot different and I feel a lot different this time around.

With DS, I didn't have anything going on until some heartburn at the end and then being induced due to preeclampsia (which came on suddenly).

This time around, I've pretty much had symptoms since day 1 (of finding out). It started out with nausea, breast tenderness, and fatigue. Then it progressed to being overly full after only eating a little, heartburn, backaches, vivd dreams, and still really tired. It'll be interesting to see what the next 18 weeks bring.

I am chalking a lot of the differences I'm feeling to my age. DS will be 9 next week. I was 20 when I had him. I'm 29 now and this little one is due about 6 weeks before I turn 30. So I think that has a good bit to do with why I feel so different. I was in better shape when I got pregnant with DS than I was when I got pregnant with this one.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 3:27pm
This is my second and I have been misserable since BFP. This time I had MS, last time not once was I nauseous. This time Has been different all around and I am very uncomfortable sleeping already, last time I was atleast 8 months before that happened. I think if I am this misserable now there is not going to be one person who will want to be around me come june. You are not alone in your missery I promise.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 3:13am

Hey Christine,

This is also my 3rd pregnancy (I have a 5 yr old DD and a 14 month old DS) and I feel EXACTLY as you do- minus the heartburn but I KNOW that will coem soon as I had terrible heartburn wiht both DD & DS. I feel and LOOK massive, have a lot

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 11:21am

Hi Christine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 4:05pm

This is my fourth pregnancy and in some ways it's been so much easier and then in other ways it's been harder.

Pregnancy%20ticker