Have you announced your pregnancy yet?

iVillage Member
Have you announced your pregnancy yet?
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 1:27pm
Have you announced the big news yet?

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 2:28pm

We haven't officially announced it yet. I have told my best friend because I couldn't resist and she flat out asked me. I mentioned it to my mom today because I called her to ask about my HCG results (since she works for my old OB and I trust them more than my current OB).

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 8:48pm

Well I pretty much called everyone and told them. We live far away from everyone, and we wont be home till Christmas. There was no way we would be able to wait to tell them. For my husband I just put a tag around my dogs neck that said "im going to be a big sister!". haha. I wish I was able to tell everyone in some cute way..maybe next time :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-13-2010 - 6:20am

My husband spilled the beans first. He told his best friend. Then we told my MIL. I told my best friend and my sister. I am waiting to tell my parents because they get worried. I am 39 years old and I want to wait until the first trimester is over before I tell them, so they don't have to worry as much about a m/c. I am going to wait until that time to tell my 10 year old daughter as well. I'm not very creative about ways to tell people. I will probably tell my mom that to be fair she needs to get some yarn and for a new blanket. She makes all of her grandchildren blankets. I don't know when I'll tell people at work, because I need to figure out how long I'll be taking off work for maternity leave.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-13-2010 - 8:38am

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-13-2010 - 1:20pm

Today is my mom's birthday so we are going to let her and dad know at dinner tonight.