hynobabies anyone?

iVillage Member
hynobabies anyone?
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 11:49am

Hi-

I am very curious about hynobabies- my widwife seems very supportive and has had at least one patient that had a good birth using it.

Anyone used it? I am having problems letting go of the money due to some events beyond my control. No luck on craigslist and ebay seems a bit high priced. So I need to know if it is really worth the money.... Especially since time is starting to get a bit short!

Katie

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 3:03pm

I have actually never heard of this.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 4:08pm
I believe hypno-birthing is a form of natural child birth that relies on hypnoses to manage the pain.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 5:26pm

Im doing it! and I LOVE it. Yes hypnobirthing is bascially just using hypnosis to get through labor (or birthing). I am doing hypnobabies which is the same but I think the name and courses are copywritted. Im about to start my third week of it and i LOVE it. I can feel the benefits from it already. It takes a big commitment because you have to practice everyday, and you really have to believe in it for it to work. It bascially erases everything you "know" to be true about childbirth and helps you create a new expectation. An example is if everyone is telling you how horrible something is, you mind will tell you its horrible...even if its not. So if you go into birth realizing that this is a completly natural process, women do it everyday all over the world without drugs. Then you can do it too. Yes there is pain involved, but no you wont die, or even come close. It teaches you to believe in yourself and in your body. My favorite part is the positive pregnancy affermations you listen to everyday. They really give you a boost, not just in energy but I started being able to work out more, and craving healthy foods! If you have any questions I can try and answer them for you. I do know more then a few people who have had really amazing births using hypnobabies and I know I will too!:smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 7:27pm
I've never really looked into it, but it sounds really good. I can't wait to hear how things go for those of you that do it. Maybe I'll get into it for the next one. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2011 - 1:49pm
That sounds really great. I hope it works out well for you. And for what it's worth, childbirth wasn't horrible. I wanted to labor at home as long as I could last time and when I finally went to the hospital I was almost 9 cm. So no meds and I can honestly say it wasn't bad. My body knew what to do like you said.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-23-2011 - 11:37am

DH and I took a hypnobirthing class during our last pregnancy. We loved it.. (though we did have a hard time not laughing during the classes or at home practice sessions, lol)

Megan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers