January 2013 Chit Chat

iVillage Member
January 2013 Chit Chat
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 8:12am

Hi ladies, 

I've decided to switch to a monthly chit chat thread since we are not getting as many replies as we used to on the weekly threads.  Also Monday's are tricky days for me to remember to start the new weekly threads.  I hope you all don't mind.

Not much new to report here, things are busy and crazy as usual.  The kids are doing well for the most part - just a stuff nose now and then, probably teething related.  Jenna is now making more sounds and progressing toward actual words.  She said Mama once and now won't say it again.  She uses very similar sounds for dolly, doggie and daddy (she misses the consonants in the middle), you just have to look where she is looking/pointing to see which on she means.  She has also started to imitate the dog barking (oof, oof) and roaring like a dinosaur (Oar, Oar).  She tried to call upstair for Josh once by loudly saying "Dah", but she won't repeat that one either (stubborn child).  So we are making some progress, but I keep hearing about LO her age that are using so many words - she has a little friend at church that asks her mom every day "church?, nursery?, Jenna?"  

She's also become very interested in dressing and undressing herself.  If I undress her she gets upset and tries to put the clothes back on, if I dress her she tries to take them off - I can't win.  She's also become interested in Jesse's use of the potty.  She tried pulling her pants down the other day when he ws in there, and she has learned how to assume the "butt wiping position" that DH and Jesse use - quite comical.  I figure I'll start PT with her during the summer when I can keep her home with me, but she looks like she may want to start sooner.

How about your LO? How many words are they using now?  What other tricks are they up to these days.