Keepsakes from birth

iVillage Member
Keepsakes from birth
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 10:44pm

I saw this thread on a Baby Center board, pointed out by the BC email thingy.

Liliana owns my heart. Born 6/16/2011

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 8:33am
I always get a baby book and bring that with me so that they can put the footprints in there for me when the do the official foot print card. I also bring my camera and either take lots of pictures or have some one take pics for me. Some hospitals have rules against taking pictures during and just after the birth though so you have to check. Also some allow video taping and some don't - mine doesn't allow it.

I've heard of others having the dad wear a new plain white t-shirt and having them put the foot prints on there.

I've also tried doing the picture with a stuffed animal every month to document the growth in pictures. Jesse receive a huge teddy bear (I think it's still bigger than him), but my teenage son has a thing for stuffed animals and he took the bear so I haven't been able to keep up with the pictures.