March 2013 Chit Chat

iVillage Member
March 2013 Chit Chat
Fri, 03-01-2013 - 1:44pm

Welcome to the month of March ladies!

Who is still here?  What are your Sweeties up to these days?  Any plans for the spring holidays?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 3:45pm

Hi Donna!

I am still around but not on the computer much these days.  It seems that when I do have a few minutes to myself, sitting at the computer is one of the last things I feel like doing.  And the times that I do get to the computer I get so wrapped up in something else that time just goes by way to fast.  But that is pretty much the story for everything lately.  We have been keeping very busy.  Every week I bring the girls to story time on Wed, play group on Thur, and we were doing the library on Fri but I signed Angie up for a class at the local recreation department which just started last week so that is now every Fri.  It is an exploration class where she gets the chance to play with a variety of toys and activities and interact with other kids and also does a craft with a teacher.  Angie is getting so smart and I love giving her new things to try.  She is also developing into a typical toddler in the sense of wanting things her way all the time.  Thankfully she is a great big sister but she has her moments when all she wants to do is take toys away from Mari or gets jealous when I need to take care of the baby for a while.  So there are many times when I can get pretty frustrated with her but when you look at the big picture she is a good girl.

And speaking of the baby, Mari is growing so fast.  Once she passed the 6 month mark things got a lot easier with the two of them.  Mari loves to play with Angie and looks up to her sister so much.  She is starting to move around, mostly on her butt but when she is on her belly she pushes herself around backwards.  So crawling isn't far away.

I am so ready for spring around here.  Angie didn't like the snow at all (we got about 2 feet during the blizzard last month) so I just want it all gone and grass planted.  We have so much to do in our yard once we can start going outside and I know the girls will have fun.  I had Angie playing in the mud of our driveway last week and she didn't want to go inside (she had been out there for an hour).

So nothing incredibly exciting has happened in the last month or so since I last posted.  Just trying to get through one exhausting day at a time.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 3:25pm

Cynthia!  It was so nice to hear from you again.  It's quite understandable with 2 under the age of 2 that you would be so busy with them. When you get a chance check your IV private messages. Glad to hear that the girls are doing so well and growing quickly.  Laura should be getting ready to have her baby soon, I think she only has a few weeks left til her due date.

I, too am sooo ready for spring!  I've been getting these weird optical migraines and today I figured out that they are mostly caused by the low pressure weather systems.  Not sure about how one is supposed to avoid that trigger since headache meds aren't working for it.  We've had lots of strong winds around here today and people are freaking out thinking that we are going to get a bunch of snow - I don't know why when they've only predicted up to an inch.