Monthly Chit Chat - February 2013

iVillage Member
Monthly Chit Chat - February 2013
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 8:57am

Welcome to February Ladies, 

Well, Punxatawny Phil didn't see his shadow so we're supposed to have an earlier spring - if you buy into that (the calendar and sun's rotation still put it at 6 weeks away).  I'm ready for spring to get here since I'm not a big fan of winter and cold temperatures.

Any plans for Valentine's Day? For the kids?

Well, I hope I see more of you all on here this month than last month.  I know many of you are having trouble with IV letting you sign in and post.  They keep telling us that they are working on the issue.  Supposedly the problem has to do with the huge database and too many old and inactive threads that they are now trying to purge.  Lets hope that gets done soon and actually improves things around here.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 10:39pm

I hope they get it figured out as well.  I still want a good snow here before spring comes.  they had the "blizzard" an hour and a half from us where my parents live although we were all at the beach at the time.  

Nothing planned here for Valentine's.  I did have dh make and print out some Valentines for Xander to color and give to his classmates at school.  I will have Xavier do one to foe the little girl that we watch.  

I hope all is going well!

Powered by CGISpy.com Thank you Lindy, Tara, Angie, Aimee and Megan for my awesom

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 12:39pm

Darcy, 

You can have all the snow that just got dumped in my area!  We got 9+" Fri/Sat.  All the school districts around here (except mine, of course) had an early dismissal due to the weather.  I ended up stuck at work until after 4:15 waiting for the busses to pick up our students. And then we all had to dig out our cars and try to get home.  I only live 3 miles away, but it took a long time to get there because everyone was going only 10-15 mph.

DH didn't get our snowblower working/fixed so he had to shovel all the snow himself - it's his fault the snowblower is broken/not working anyway.  He left a full tank of gas in it all spring and summer!  UGH!

I just picked up a few Valentine treats for my kids and DH this morning.  DH says he got me something, but the confirmation email didn't come to my email address like it was supposed to.  Jesse found the receipt on our desk.  He's giving a gift certificate for a massage!  I soooo need one.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 3:17pm
wahoo for the massage! dh says he got me something and he also is supposedly making me something. I am fixing him a steak dinner. ;)

Powered by CGISpy.com Thank you Lindy, Tara, Angie, Aimee and Megan for my awesom

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 9:04am

Busy weekend.  Josh had Cadets camp in Allentown Saturday and Sunday.  He finally got fitted for his uniform (he sent me a pic but I'm not allowed to post it anywhere), so now it feels so much more real to him.  He got the jacket worn by last years head snare drummer which made it even more cool.

I had yesterday and today off for President's weekend.  Yesterday I went back to the eye doctor for a follow up test for some wacky eye troubles I've been having lately - all test came back normal (he wishes all his patients could do as well) so even though we still don't have any answers as to the cause, at least some big, serious issues are not the cause.  Today I have an MRI/MRA of my brain to see/rule out other causes.  They are pretty much thinking optical migraines or TIAs (mini strokes).  The thought of TIAs kind of scares me, but right now everything is pointing more towards the optical migraines (according to the eye doctor).

After the eye doctor I went shopping (haven't had a chance to go shopping by myself in such a loooong time).  I picked up a few spring/summer outfits for the little ones, including their Easter outfits!  And last night we went to Costco to pick up stuff for us and stuff that is needed for Josh's 1st indoor drumline competition this Saturday.  I picked up 2 more dresses for Jenna.  

She is such a girly girl.  She started acting up in the cart just before we headed towards the clothing section.  I told her if she didn't behave then we couldn't look at the dresses.  She immediately sat back down and started behaving again.  She actually picked out one of the dresses.  When we got home she was upset that I wasn't letting her wear them yet!  I'm gonna have to hide them until the weather warms up around here (late April-ish).

Saturday is a HUGE indoor drumline competition for Josh's school.  It's our 1st time hosting this event and over 20 different groups are coming from all over the NY/NJ/CT area.  Most of the other competitions theya re going to only have about 10 local groups, even the finals don't have as many groups entered as this event.  So we all have to purchase/donate food for the concessions, as well as volunteer at the event - there goes another weekend.  Hopefully it will be fun and I'll get to see him perform.  The director of the Cadets is one of the judges - so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for Josh's group.