This week's MOTW is mijosu/Michelle.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:19am
Good morning Michelle!

How are you feeling this week?

Are you craving anything right now?

Is there anything you miss that you can't have right now due to being pregnant?

What are you looking forward to the most once your little one arrives?

What's your guilty pleasure?
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 10:02am

Do you have any other children?

Is the nursery all ready for baby?

What's been the hardest part of this pregnancy so far?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 2:42pm
How is the weather where your at?
Who are you plaaning on having in the delivery room?
What is the one piece of advice that you think just absolutely has to be passed along?
Are you going with a "theme" for the nursery?
Can you still see your feet ?=)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 7:30am
Hi! Sorry to miss this yesterday..... spent the day out because today was supposed to be bad weather. :-P

~ How are you feeling this week?
Good, and so thankful. My hips are starting to get wonky, and my underwear always falls down, but if that's the worst I can come up with things must not be too bad. :-) I am kinda sniffly & sneezy today, hopefully doesn't turn into anything.

~Are you craving anything right now?
Chocolate. And sweet creamy things like pudding, or oreo filling. :-P

~Is there anything you miss that you can't have right now due to being pregnant?
More energy I guess. And free-er coffee drinking. I've wanted wine a couple times, but we don't usually even have it in the house, so that's not a big deal.

~What are you looking forward to the most once your little one arrives?
DH taking time off! And I just really want to know what kind of little person we're going to be entrusted with this time around. :-)

~What's your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate. And time to myself for crafty things.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 7:38am
~ Do you have any other children?
I do, one son who is 17 months now.

~Is the nursery all ready for baby?
Not the slightest! Baby will be with us in our room for awhile anyway, plus we're moving in August sometime.

~What's been the hardest part of this pregnancy so far?
At the beginning, it was feeling sick whenever I ate something sugary. Now its not being able to lay on my back because of my hips. I had been doing pilates to keep up my back strength, but I don't do as much now because my hips will hurt for 3 days after. :-P
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 8:15am
~How is the weather where your at?
Sunny, clear, but below freezing. (I'm not going to try and convert C. to F.) It is supposed to rain some today though.

~Who are you planing on having in the delivery room?
Just DH and whoever from the hospital. They only allow for 2 extras anyway.

~What is the one piece of advice that you think just absolutely has to be passed along?
I read somewhere something about 'to connect to a toddler, you have to lower yourself to their level. Be willing to get on your knees and act as a child with them.' Also, I think every aspect of parenting needs to be approached in love, with love. Whether I'm playing, feeding, instructing/teaching, punishing, etc. if I don't also communicate love, my work is in vain.

~Are you going with a "theme" for the nursery?
Not yet.... DS's room is Dr. Seuss themed. Not sure if we'll keep that when we move and give it to the baby, or do something completely different for baby's room.

~Can you still see your feet ?=)
Yes! I can even still shave my legs relatively easily. :-)
Community Leader
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 8:41am

Do you like to read a lot?

Do you work right now? Is that going to change after this little one arrives?

What's the biggest challenge you've had with your son so far?

What's been your favorite age so far with your son?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 11:40am
I do like to read, though its getting harder and harder (not just because of having a small boy around). I don't read fiction as much, and that is most fun to read, but I feel like it wasn't....um....good for me(?) in a sense. So now I read more 'help me understand the world' and 'make me a better person' kind of books. :-) Generally Christian ones. These are harder for me mentally to get through, but I feel like I'm learning and growing, so its more beneficial.

I don't work now. I was an RN before DS, but let my license go to be a SAHM. I do as much volunteering as possible though, mostly with teaching English and helping with other needs within the immigrant & refugee community. I'm slowly letting that go (as people move away, I don't find more families) because I'll not do much once baby comes, and then we're moving away anyway as well.

I think the biggest challenge with Simon is not getting personally irritated when he doesn't do as he's told or gets into other trouble as small boys do. I am really trying to remember that his disobedience is a problem that I am responsible to deal with for his own sake, and I don't deal with it because I'm irritated by it. Not sure if that makes sense. He is only 17 months, so he is generally still pretty agreeable. :-)

I think my favourite age is now. I think a lot of parents say that, but I remember with my younger siblings and my nephews that between 1 and 2 was the best age. Its just so much fun watching him learn & discover!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 3:29pm

Are you originally from Canada? If not, why did you move there?

Does your family live close by?

How many siblings do you have? older/younger?

What is your favorite thing about where you live? What is your least favorite?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 2:29pm
~Are you originally from Canada? If not, why did you move there?
I am! Originally from Ontario, just an hour from the Detroit/Windsor border. I moved to New Brunswick for work almost 6 years ago, and then moved to PEI for school/work 4 years ago.

~Does your family live close by?
My family is all still in Ontario...well, that's home base anyway. I have a sister in Iowa, a sister in NJ, a brother in VA (on his way to Iraq!), a sister working here for a bit, and two brothers that are about 1 1/2 hrs from my parents in Ontario.

~How many siblings do you have? older/younger?
There are 8, a brother and two sisters older than me, and three brothers and one sister younger than me.

~What is your favorite thing about where you live? What is your least favorite?
My favourite is the summer, and being close to the ocean and beaches and really good ice cream. :-) My least favourite is winter - this one is especially annoying since there has been snowy days at least once a week. I also don't really like being so far from my family, but DH's family is all here which is nice.

Pages