Some Advice if anyone can

iVillage Member
Some Advice if anyone can
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 6:37am

MOrning Ladies and bumps

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 7:46am

I'm pg with my firsts, so I don't know whether what you are feeling is normal, but I think that if you are having doubts then you should make an appt!

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 8:10am
I'm also on my third pg and this baby is lying very low most of the time. The membranes that hold in the amniotic fluid are pretty strong and I don't think you have to worry about the baby kicking through them.

However, since you are dealing with an infection and seem to be having contractions I would definitely put in a call to the doctor right away. And don't let the doctor keep you waiting too long for an appointment. Please come back and post to let us know how everything goes.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 8:51am
I would also make an appointment to talk to your doctor about everything. I'm pregnant with #2 and he is low as well. I've felt BH a few times here and there, but nothing consistant/regular. My doctor said if the start happening regularly, I needed to be check to be sure it wasn't a sign of preterm labor. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 9:15am
I'm also on #3. My first was a girl and she hung out in my rib cage for the most part. With DS#1 I was sure he was just going to fall out while I was walking around because he was so low. This one is a boy also and I get regular jabs to the cervix, braxton hicks any time I walk very much at all (like a half day of shopping.) I have a hard time standing up from a sitting position because of the pain in my pelvis and pubic area - basically, my boys like to hang out very low. It's annoying, but I still carried 1 week past my due date with my second despite my certainty that he was on his way out at 6 months and I'm pretty sure this one will be a procrastinator just like the others. I guess what I'm saying is I think it's kind of a boy thing sometimes, or maybe just how we carry one pregnancy different that another. If you continue to worry I would def. chat with you doctor about it. They can tell by feeling your belly about how the baby is sitting and he can check you further if you're really thinking he's trying to make his way out early.

-Larissa
Anniversary

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 10:24am
My LO lays really low sometimes and I get the same sensation that you do. However, with your current inection, I would be a little more concerned. If you notice a pattern to you BH contractions, you should call your doctor and let them know, even if they aren't painful.I think my doctor told me if I experienced more than 5 BH in an hour, I should call. An infection of your amniotic fluid could definitely bring on preterm labor.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 10:57am

Thank you so much for all the help and advice ladies.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 12:26pm
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being cautious. I hope everything goes well!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 12:30pm
Glad they're able to get you in so quickly. Hopefully everything will go well :-)
Anniversary

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 12:36pm
I don't think you're over-reacting at all. I hope that you find that there is nothing wrong, but there's no harm in getting checked - especially since you've been battling and infection already. As they say, better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck and keep us posted.