Weekly Chit Chat 10/22-10/28

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 10/22-10/28
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:12pm

Hello again ladies!  I hope you're all doing well and having an easier time of getting around with the new changes.  See Kristy's post for links and an email address for any concerns you still have.

Next week is Halloween, are you all ready for the event?  We are still looking for Jesse's mask, it's in the house somewhere. And I know I bought the candy a while back, I just hope DH didn't get to it and eat it all.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 8:04pm
Yay for your husband noticing everything you do! That really does mean so much when they notice and appreciate it all. We are doing a halloween parade on Monday morning which may be the only time Angie and Marissa are dressed up. I'll probably dress them on Halloween for handing out candy but I remember last year we had Angie dressed up for a little while but it was too hard to bring her to the door to hand out candy. This year the front door/porch area is where all of our packed boxes are stored so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to let Angie wander around there in order to "help" but I may give it a try. She is finally walking and I have been letting her roam around the house more and she is loving the freedom to explore (with limits of course). Been a really busy week with DH not being around for 3 out of the last 5 days so it has been pretty tough. With the changes to iV it was just to much for me to try to get on here but I really do like my friends from this board so I am sticking it out and hope to get used to the changes.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 11:14am

Laura - I'm glad you enjoyed your time away, and that it opened your DH's eyes to all that you do.  Sorry you missed out on her first pumpkin patch experience, but at least you have pictures.  Jenna will be trick or treating (if Hurricane Sandy doesn't take our Halloween away like last year's storm did), but she has older brothers so nobody minds it much.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 10:28am

hahahaha....I'm here.  Sorry, took a few days to get back on track at work and find a minute to visit the boards.  I must admit that I'm still not thrilled about the changes so it makes me less motivated to come back and catch up on everything (but I LOVE this board so i HATE to give it up)!

Anyway, we tried on Ashley's costume last night (she's a lady bug this year) and it was so stinkin cute....and she loved it so much she cried when we tried to take it off (I wasn't sure how she'd do with it since it's kind of bulky and has a hood).....so hopefully she won't have any trouble wearing it tonight (we're going to my brother's for a party) or for her Halloween party at DCP.

I don't think we'll be taking her trick-or-treating this year because she's still to young to understand and she won't be eating the candy, so I feel like people will know that we're just getting candy for ourselves (which would be lame).  I think next year will be perfect so I look forward to that.....this year she'll just dress up and help us hand out candy to the other kids in the neighborhood :)

As for my vacation and DH's alone time with Ashley - overall it went well.  His mom was here Friday night through Sunday afternoon.  Then he had Ashley on his own Sunday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon (she went to DCP during the day on Monday & Tuesday of course).  Monday night DH texted me saying "This whole doing everything around the house is tough - I'm not sure how you do it"......I laughed and replied "I wonder the same thing sometimes."  I definitely think it made him appreciate a little more all that I do around the house and for Ashley.  He's been much better these past few days about helping me with stuff for her, so I just hope it continues.

They took Ashley to a pumpkin patch on Saturday (DH and MIL) and they sent me pictures and video of her carrying around and even kissing the pumpkins.  Apparently she had a blast....I was upset to miss the experience, but we didn't think of it earlier and we don't have time this weekend.  I guess I can't be there for EVERYTHING she does.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 8:46am

Ollie, Ollie, Oxen free!  Come out, come out wherever your are!  hehehe

Sorry just feeling a bit lonely here this week.  I know you are all busy, or enjoying some well deserved time away.