Weekly Chit Chat 12/3-12/9

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 12/3-12/9
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 8:47am
Hi ladies! Wow! It's December already! Where did the time go? Christmas will be here before you know it, and I'm soooo not ready. How about you? Laura - how are things with Ashley? Is she still sleeping better? Gaining weight? I know her 18 month visit should be coming up soon - I asked DH to schedule Jenna's. Cynthia - I hope your mood improves. How's the house coming along this week? Any more setbacks? Or are your back on track?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 3:04pm

Don't remind me that it's december....I swear the years are passing by faster and faster these days.  Holy cow!

Sorry i didn't get back on last week - but I just caught up on all that stuff about Josh's auditions and i agree it seems funny that he could make it into the larger group, but not the smaller?!?!  Not that I know much about what you're talking about, but the logic of that seems backwards.  But if the smaller group is a different set-up perhaps that's the issue (like you said he'd be watching videos to help him improve).  I hope the 2nd audition for the group is successful!!  As for the computers, I agree with Cynthia that perhaps the principle doesn't really understand what is needed and is simply suggesting the "fad" item.  But I think you have some valid arguments against them.....hopefully she'll listen and help you get the technology you need quickly.

We found out today that Ashley will be having a little brother  in April!!! DH couldn't be happier!  I would have been fine with either, but I must admit that I'm really excited to be having one of each sex!  Everything checked out good with the baby so that's the most important thing and hopefully the rest of pregnancy is as uneventful as my last pregnancy.

As for Ashley, we're improving in some aspects and not in others.  The sleeping has fixed itself seemlingly overnight.  This whole past week she's been sleeping until at least 6:30.....which is SOOOOOOOOO much better than 4:30 :)  however, we have her 18 month check-up on Thursday and I'm thinking the doctor is going to be less than impressed with her weight gain.  We weighed her in early november and she was 19lbs 14.5oz. (I thought we were on track for a 2lb weight gain since September - she was 18lbs 10oz in September)......we weighed her again Saturday morning and she was 19lbs 12oz :(  Now the november weight was at night and this one was in the morning, so she might not have "lost" weight.....but she certainly didn't gain any :(  She hasn't been sick.....but I do think she's been teething (hence the not sleeping).  I'm at a complete loss at this point.....I guess I'll just wait and see what the doctor says on Thursday.  According to the daycare teacher Ashley is ahead, or on par, with all of the kids in her class.....so this weight thing doesn't seem to be impacting her development - which makes me think there isn't really something to be concerned about.  But I've been driving myself crazy these past three months trying to add more fat and make her eat more and it got me no where......

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 4:37pm

Laura - Congrats on having a boy!  Praying for a happy and healthy uneventful rest of the pregnancy for you.  I'm glad Ashley is still sleeping better for you.  I hope Ashley's well visit goes better than you think it will.  Perhap they will finally realize she's just following her own trend line.  It would be helpful if she could cross that 20 pound mark though.  As long as she's getting good solid nutrition and enough food, she's healthy, she's keeping up with her peers, I would think that would be good enough for them.  But prepare yourself in case they suggest putting her on supplements like pediasure - (they've suggested that for all 3 of my kiddos now, but I've never used the stuff - too expensive and I know they were getting plenty to eat).  Jenna eats and eats and eats, but she runs around so much trying to keep up with Jesse she just burns it all off.

AFM - we just found out yesterday that SIL(Bro's wife) is expecting again.  They weren't telling anyone because the eggs were all fragile and the numbers were conflicting.  It looks like she started out with 3 eggs implanting, but one didn't do anything, one only developed a fetal pole and then stopped, and the third one is now a viable fetus.  She is due June 7th.  They told her family last week and they were NOT happy.  They told her and Bro they do not think they should be having anymore kids when they clearly cannot correctly raise the one they currently have!Surprised  I think her parents actually see their daughter more often than SIL and Bro do - she's at their apartment in the Bronx just about every weekend.  She's at day care very early every day and is one of the last to be picked up.  She is taken home and fed one of those meals in a tub (SIL and Bro don't do dinner), given a bath and then put to bed.  SIL is a kind of cold and distant mother - she had very little interaction with my niece when she was a baby, never held her much, never played with her, it was very strange behaviour for someone who went through so much to have a kid.