Weekly Chit Chat 2/21-2/27

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 2/21-2/27
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 9:08am

Here's the new thread for this week's Chit Chat.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 10:00am
I have today and tomorrow off from work. DS1 has today off but goes back tomorrow - thank goodness cause he's driving me crazy already.

I have a few shopping errands to run, and I have to get the dog into a groomer to take care of what's left of her fur. She was badly matted and so dirty (she can get that way really quickly sometimes), so I spent the afternoon yesterday cutting the mats out of her fur. She just has a few left in her beard area, but I didn't want to make her look ridiculous.

We woke up to find a few more inches of that awful white stuff on the ground again. DH left with my father this morning and didn't shovel any of it. So DS1 is out there now doing it for me, which means I'll have to take him to Guitar Center later to drool over this guitar that he wants. (I'm not buying it - he just wants to look at it and play it a bit).

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 10:44am
Good morning ladies! I'm feeling kind of blah this morning. My stomach was really upset when I first woke up this morning, but it's starting to settle now. Hopefully it stays away. DH is off today and still feeling a bit sick, though slowly getting better. DS had school today. I could've sworn they had today off, but apparently they don't. They have Friday off for a teacher planning day though.

It's cold here right now, but the sun is out, so hopefully it'll warm up. The forecast doesn't look too bad right now, but there is a chance of rain/snow on Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn out to be anything though.

We have a busy week this week. DH has a bunch of appointments for his out processing. DS's birthday is on Wednesday, plus he has a physical that morning. I'm going to bake cupcakes to take to his school Wednesday afternoon. Thursday is our fetal echo and anatomy scan. Since we have to drive over 2 hours to get to the appointment, we are making a day of it and enjoying our time in Kansas City while we are there (like going to Bob Evans and Babies R Us). Friday DS doesn't have school, I have my regular OB appt, and DH has a few appts as well. Saturday we are having DS's birthday party at the bowling alley.

So, yeah, it's going to be busy. Not to mention we'll be doing packing in between all of that stuff when we can. :)

I hope everyone has a great week!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 12:25pm

Happy Monday - and President's Day ladies! I am excited to share that DH and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday!

Anniversary

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 12:50pm

YUCK I am working!

Rachel

Mommy to Angel Natalie (born to heaven on December 23, 2008) and Noa (born January 27, 2010)! Now expecting number 3 in June of 2011!
Community Leader
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 7:15pm
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! I hope things go well with opening the new location. That sounds like it could be very exciting.
Community Leader
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 7:17pm
Rachel, I'm glad everything went well with the second ultrasound! I'm sorry your DD isn't a big fan of the CD so far. I hope it gets better and she starts to like them more.

Community Leader
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 7:21pm
DS just had an awesome moment. We counted all the money he had saved up and he helped us count all of our change (we keep it in a big plastic jug). We told him we'd give him some of our change for helping us. So we get all of it counted up. With the portion of our change we were giving him, he had like $150 and we had about $120 in change. He asked what we could get for the baby with $270 and I told him we could get the crib. He said "let's do that. I'll use all my money and you use all yours, and we'll get the baby's crib". I could've cried right then and there with how sweet that was! So instead, we gave him all the money to put in his savings account. :)

I just had to share that!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 7:39pm
Wow Stacey - what an awesome selfless thing for him to do! I'm a little teary reading about it - dang hormones!
Anniversary

Community Leader
Mon, 02-21-2011 - 7:44pm
Lol, I was teary from it to. It's amazing how sweet children can be. I am so proud of him for being selfless and caring like that. It caught us completely off guard. I love moments like that!
Community Leader
Tue, 02-22-2011 - 9:17am
Good morning ladies! How are things going for all of you? Our weather forecast has changed some. Now they are calling for just rain on Thursday and possibly some snow on Friday! So looks like we should be okay on Thursday for our big day!! I can't wait! I'm starting to get anxious to know everything is okay with LO's heart. I wasn't really worrying at all about it until now. Now all the what if's are jumping into my head. Two more days!!

Pages