Weekly Chit Chat 2/28-3/6

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 2/28-3/6
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 8:03am

Here's a new thread for this week's Chit Chat.

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 8:08am
Well, I'm already at work trying to get ready for the day. My head is aching from this cold I've picked up from somewhere, so I'd rather be home in bed - not that I can sleep. Other than that I just feel tired as seems to be the usual during this pregnancy.

I have Jury Duty Thursday and Friday this week - fun, fun, so that's why I decided not to stay home today.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 8:35am

Hey ladies,

Another week down huh?

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:16am
I hope your cold goes away soon Donna! I also hope Jury Duty goes by quickly for you.

AFM - DS has an appointment today to have a pulmonary function test. He was diagnosed with asthma when he was a baby, but hasn't had any problems with it for a long time now. But, because the way things are set up here, he has had to have an inhaler with him at school and for sports, even though he's never used it. So, I asked the doctor if we could say that he's grown out of it and that he no longer needs the inhaler, and she tells me know because we refilled his inhaler back in August. I explained to her that I had to refill it because the old one expired and he has to have it to go to school and participate in sports, but she didn't want to listen to that. It's a big catch 22, he has to have the inhaler because of the diagnosis and she won't remove the diagnosis because of him having the inhaler refilled for school. So, after me asking her what I needed to do to fix it, she said she would send him for a pulmonary function test and let a pulmonary doctor decide. So, hopefully things go well and they'll let us get rid of that asthma diagnosis before we move. If he had problems with it, I wouldn't care, but since he hasn't had any problems with his breathing and stuff, it's more of a hassle and it's holding him back. :(

I was so excited that I reached 24 weeks yesterday! It was so nice to know we are at the viability point. Hopefully everything goes well and we make it to 40, but it's just nice to know where we are at. We went shopping yesterday and bought a few things for the baby. DH and DS each picked out a sleeper and I picked out a little outfit for our little guy. It was nice to see DH looking at the baby clothes and DS was really excited about it too! This is going to be such a wonderful adventure!!
Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:18am
Robin, I can totally understand being a bit nervous in your position. I'm a bit nervous about almost being in the 3T and getting closer to our due date. Since I was induced with my DS at 36 weeks, I really don't know what to expect with things happening on their own and I really hope we get to let things happen on their own this time. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:41am

Donna - Good luck with Jury duty and the cold.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 1:14pm

Hi Everyone - I just found this handy button called "view discussion in a popup" and wow that is helpful.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 1:56pm
Cynthia, I hope you find a fan and don't get hot in your office anymore. That doesn't sound fun at all. I don't use the view discussion in a pop up, but I have seen it. I just use quick reply and then scroll up for a reminder of what I wanted to respond to for each person since that doesn't take me to a new screen.

AFM - DS's appt went pretty well. We'll find out next week how the results turn out.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 2:11pm
Robin - yay for your appetite picking up a bit and for more maternity clothes. I basically have 4 long sleeve tops for now, but I have a bunch for the warmer weather. I hope it starts getting warmer soon, I'm getting tired of these long sleeve tops.

Stacey - yay for DS's appointment going well, hope you get the results your looking for.