Weekly Chit Chat 4/2-4/8

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 4/2-4/8
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 7:48am

Happy holy week to those of you celebrating Good Friday, Easter, of Passover!

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 7:58am

Enjoy your 4 day week Donna!!! I have one too, but last week was short for me as well because of my friend's wedding - I wish every week was 4 days :)

I just noticed that we also lost the titles to our folders (no more "shooting the breeze")?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 12:48pm
Laura - Yes, we lost the folder titles back when they removed our other folders. It's part of another reorganizing effort for iVillage. Boards are now called topics, and folders are now boards - or something like that. They are trying to make it easier for newcomers to search the boards and to provide some consistency across the boards.

Wow, 6 weddings in one year is insane! I hope you don't have to travel too far for the rest of them - I know you travelled quite a bit for the last 2. That's great that the weather was reasonably nice for you this past weekend - we had cold, overcast and rainy days here.

I hope you doctor is pleased with Ashley's weight gain today - keep us posted.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 4:16pm

Regarding the changes to the boards/folders, I noticed the other day that several of the 2011 playgroups are completely gone.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 11:49pm
Hello ladies!! Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been busy with a lot of extra stuff for work and finally figured out why. My manager (the chief nursing officer/director of clinical services of our facility) apparently feels that I am the best person to be her successor when she leaves, so she has been slowly seeing how I do with different things to prepare me to eventually learn her role (as things get more stabilized with our facility). I was really shocked when she told me that, but it makes so much sense now.

I'm going to be switching over to night shift for a few weeks to help out as night shift charge nurse because we are in the process of losing a charge nurse on nights and don't have a replacement yet. Overall, I think it'll be great because if I do learn the CNO/DCS role, I need to know how things really are on night shift there from current experience at this facility and not my past experience at other places on night shifts.

I had an amniocentesis done this morning. Other than some occasional cramping and tenderness, I'm doing well. My DH has been great about letting me rest all day.

Donna - I hope you have a great week! Good luck with potty training.

Laura - I hope Ashley's appointment went well!

Cynthia - Yay for reaching the 3rd trimester! I just got into the second trimester not to long ago. I still haven't had all of my energy return, so not a whole lot gets done around here either (aside from what DH does). :) I hope your appointments (and GD test) go well!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 9:45am
Stacey - it sounds like your job is going great. Does your manager have a timeframe that she is expecting to be leaving (ie retirement)? It is great that they like you there so much and are giving you so much responsibility, especially with you being pregnant. It is nice to hear of a place that isn't discriminating against you which several people on my EC board have complained about happening. Do you know yet what you are planning to do for maternity leave when your LO arrives?

Cynthia

Community Leader
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 10:27am
Cynthia - She didn't specify a timeline, but there are still some things that been to be fixed before she leaves. She was actually sent to our facility to get it back on the corporate model because it had strayed so far off model. She just never planned on staying. I imagine it won't be for a while though.

I'll probably take somewhere between 6 and 12 weeks. DH is still going to be a SAHD, so we don't have to worry about daycare. It'll just depend on how I feel at that time and what's going on with work.