Weekly Chit Chat 4/9-4/15

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 4/9-4/15
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 8:05am

I hope you all had a lovely Easter or Passover weekend!

How did your LO handle all the holiday activities?

What's happening for you this week?

Jenna did fine with all the Easter activities despite being very tired.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 1:05pm
Ollie, Ollie, Oxen Free! Everyone can come out of hiding...hide and seek is over. LOL

Where is everyone? I know we are a quiet board, but not this quiet.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:39pm
Hi Donna! I hope your observation goes well. I worked Monday and Tuesday and today Bruce had an appointment with his endocrinologist. He's doing great as far as she's concerned and doesn't have to go back for 4 months this time. :) He had to have lab work again today to check his thyroid levels, but that all went well.

I'm still waiting for the results of my amniocentesis. It's been a week now, so I should have the results within another week.

I'm going to be working night shift for a few weeks to help out with some staffing issues, so that'll be an interesting change. I've been really busy with work stuff lately.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 10:45am

Howdy all...been a few weeks.

Powered by CGISpy.com Thank you Lindy, Tara, Angie, Aimee and Megan for my awesom

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 3:26pm
A very quick hello from me since I can't believe it is Thursday but at the same time this has been a long week and I am wondering why tomorrow isn't Saturday.
I am exhausted and sore and not sleeping well. I have been having stomach issues which I thought were getting better until this morning - I had ice cream last night which brings be back to wondering if it is a dairy problem and not acid reflux like my dr thought. My iron levels are low so I am back on an iron suplement (I need to go take that) and I also failed my 1 hr gd test so I have to do the 3 hour. Last year I had passed the 1 hour by 1 point, this year not so lucky. I failed it by 17 points so I am a bit nervous about the 3 hour test. But I'm not doing that until next Wednesday since I needed to wait until my mom could babysit - no way I would want to sit around the hospital for 3 hours with Angie.
Otherwise this week has been really busy - we have had events every day and by the time Angie goes to bed I am nearly asleep on the couch. Nothing planned for tomorrow which I am excited for (even though I have enjoyed our outings this week).

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 4:29pm
Darcy - That's so great that you could stay and help out with your niece, and that Xander had a built in playmate. I hope the kids to a nice long nap for you, and that you enjoy the rest of your visit with your family.

Cynthia - Boo to failing the GD test. I hope the 3 hour test goes better for you. Maybe you could make some dietary changes between now and then to help?

Dairy could definitely contribute to acid reflux issues - it's one of the most common triggers. Your iron supplement could also be causing some tummy troubles. Either way I hope you get it figured out so you don't have to suffer through the rest of your pregnancy.

I hear you on being exhausted by the time the kiddos go to bed, I go to sleep shortly after getting Jesse and Jenna down for the night. Enjoy your day of no scheduled events tomorrow.

AFM - I finally got observed! My principal came by on Tuesday to do it. About 10 minutes into class one of my students passes out and collapses to the floor. They had gym right before coming to me and they had just completed a jump top for heart event where they jumped rope for 35 straight minutes. I moved the class out of the way and propped her feet up on the bench while the principal called for the nurse. Needless to say, she didn't continue with that observation. So she came in again yesterday and the third time was a charm - she loved my lesson and interactions with the kids.