Weekly Chit Chat 7/23 - 7/29

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 7/23 - 7/29
Mon, 07-23-2012 - 11:35am

Hello again ladies! 

What's going onfor you in this final full week of July? Are you gearing up for the start of the Olympics later this week?  What sport do you like to watch?

I love the gymnastics and diving events.  I remember when my oldest was little we had to be very carefull not to have him around when watching them, because he would try to copy eveything he saw.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 11:30am
Laura - I hope you get some good pool weather this weekend, we are supposed to have lots of rain for the next 3-4 days. I hope your MIL gets over her jealousy with regards to your parents and time spent with Ashley. Have fun with all the wedding preparations!

AFM - yesterday we went to 2 parks since it was going to be the last nice day this week. The first park had a small zoo, a train ride and a carousel, and the second park had a small "spray ground" with 4 different water features for the kids to play in. I've been waiting to get the all clear from Jesse's ENT before taking them here (he just had tubes removed last month). Jesse didn't like it much, but Jenna started warming up to it right before we needed to leave. She might have liked it better if Josh hadn't forced her into a face blasting stream of water for her first exposure.

I got Jenna into the Dr. on Tuesday to get the referral for an audiologist. The dr. wasn't too thrilled that Early intervention was getting involved, she said "it's just a communication issue" and " you don't think she's on the autism spectrum because of this?" Umm...no, I don't think she's on the spectrum (but given that I already have one child on the spectrum I do know what to look for), I think she has a hearing/speech issue that is better off being addressed now. She looked in her ears and said they were red, but it was probably because Jenna was crying. I was confused by this because Jenna hadn't cried all day until the dr. ambushed her to check her ears and even then cried for like 2 seconds - not enough to make the ears red! And Jenna probably wouldn't have cried at all if she had waited for me to hold her in an upright position to check the ears, rather than her laying her down and pinning her to the side to check. Oh, and she also took a personal cell phone call while she was in the room with us. And she chastised me for not getting Jenna's blood work done because she never got the records (I did get the blood work done). I chastised her right back for now being charged for the blood work since she didn't write the correct referral for this blood work.

The dr. notified us yesterday that the blood work revealed that Jenna is slightly anemic and need to be on an iron supplement, and the blood work repeated in 3 months. I'm waiting for the audiologist referral to come in the mail so I can schedule that testing. I really hope it's just a fluid behind the eardrum issue. It's bizarre how Jenna seems to hear somethings but not others (she didn't hear a very loud train blast yesterday that scared the rest of us, but seems to hear some of the commands I say to her).