Weekly Chit Chat 7/30 - 8/5

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 7/30 - 8/5
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:45am

It's almost August!  Which means school is back in session soon....any big plans for the end of summer?!?!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:53am

Donna - your ped sounds like a real treat :smileysad:  Why would she have a problem with early intervention?  Even if it isn't a huge issue, better to correct it now than wait and find out it is a big issue?!?!  And since they did an evaluation of Jenna the program obviously thought she qualified for help....or they would have told you otherwise.  Perhaps she failed to read Jenna's chart before speaking to you....had her confused with someone else.....seriously?!?!?!  Sorry you had to deal with that (and possibly will continue to deal with that)....is this a multi-doctor practice? Can you see someone else?

Sounds like you had a good end to your week last week! Hopefully the rest of summer is just as enjoyable - I'm sure school will be starting much quicker than you'd like!

AFM - not much to report here.  We had a great weekend - Ashley got to go in the pool and we got a lot of work done for my brother's wedding!  This coming weekend we have a big family picnic at my parents hunting cabin so I'm excited to see all of my family....most of them haven't seen Ashley since she was 6 months old, so she'll look a little different :smileywink:  On Friday we usually go wine tasting in NY - everyone wants us to just bring Ashley along, but I'm not sure how much fun she'll have.  I always think she's going to behave badly and she never does (she is really well behaved 99% of the time)....but this might push her to the limits of her patience.....we'll see.  Hopefully there is a park nearby where she can have some fun while the adults enjoy their wine :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:08pm
Hi, ladies. We are traveling back to Florida tomorrow after eight weeks in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, two of our three kids are not feeling well. Poor Charlotte has been running a fever for two whole days. I hate when my kids are sick! Hate it! :smileysad: I hope we can still leave tomorrow. The only deadline we have is DH's work beginning on Monday, so if we need more time, that's okay. BUT I am SO ready to get home!

We are enjoying the Olympics. Well, I really am! Fletcher was really excited about the fencing competition. He loves swords, knights, etc.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:52pm

Howdy all!  We have been so busy!  We had a garage sale last weekend and in preparing for that Xavier was sick with a virus and then dh had a chrones attack so it was alot of last minute rush.  I am still recouping from that and trying to get my house back in order.  DH has a meeting tomorrow morning and won't be back till after lunch so I am thinking I will clean while he is gone.  we will see if the boys will cooperate!

I am really loving the Olympics!  I always have!  I don't care if it is summer or winter!