Weekly Chit Chat 8/13 - 8/19

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Weekly Chit Chat 8/13 - 8/19
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:55am

Wow, August is just flying by :smileysad:.  I'm trying to enjoy these last few days before I have to go in and prepare for the start of school, but it's tough.  What are you all up to this week?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:27am

Donna - Ouch about Jesse that totally stinks.  i hope he is starting to feel better and that his burns have started to heal :smileysad:  I didn't realize that neosporin was a sulfa drug.....I have a sulfa drug allergy but don't have any issues using neosporing - interesting.  Glad I don't!

YAY for Jenna getting more teeth!! Is she enjoying a lot of new foods these days?

Jesse's cake looks awesome - but that's not surprising after seeing what you did with Jenna's 1st birthday cake :smileyhappy:

Bummer you have to return to school soon....I totally feel like the summer passed by in a blur.  And you still have to deal with that assistant teacher you don't like, right?

AFM - Ashley did great on the way home!! We left VA @ 7pm and just put Ashley to bed in the car....she slept the whole way!!! The way down wasn't as good because we left straight from work and I hoped she would nap until dinner, get some energy out at dinner and go to bed.....but not so much.  She didn't nap before dinner and was fussy for about 30 minutes after dinner.....so we got a good hour of sleep in before arriving at my friends house.....but we simply took Ashley in and put her to bed & she slept until 6:15am without issue - so I really can't complain!  Seeing my friend and her 7 week old was great.....DH kept saying that he couldn't remember Ashley being that small....but she was actually smaller when born as Ethan is currently 10lbs.  Just crazy how much kids grow.

And my friend and I were joking that in the past when I've come down we've gone out to pub crawls and halloween parties....but for this trip we were in bed by 9:30pm on Friday and up at 6:15am on Saturday.  We didn't leave the house all day, other than to take the kids outside for like 30 minutes.  It was nice to catch up and see eachother's families....but crazy how times have changed.

We don't have much going on this week.  We have a family picnic on Saturday with my in-laws so that will be fun for Ashley. And next week we go to LBI for 3 days with MIL/FIL....should be fun!  Also, Ashley is moving rooms in DCP and she started her transition this week....she went there yesterday to get familiar with the new teacher and proceedures and she LOVED it.  They said she spent most of the time sitting in the little chairs they have just watching the other kids - she loves to sit in chairs like a "big girl".  She also loved eating lunch at the table (while sitting in the little chair) and playing on the slide in their play set (different playset than the infants use).  All-in-all I think she'll transition well.....she's really great at handling change!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 4:39pm
Hi, everyone! We are busy this week preparing for the start of our homeschool year next week. Plus my oldest, Fletcher, is turning seven on Monday! Can't believe it. We are taking the family to Walt Disney World for the first time. I'm so, SO excited!!!!! We are only going for one day since it is less than an hour from us. I think we will just focus on the Magic Kingdom this time. I know I'm going to cry when I see their little faces. It's a total surprise.

Erica
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:38am

Donna - I am hoping the change of rooms will help with the biting issue (maybe she's getting a little bored in her current room?)...but they haven't said anything to me about it since last Tuesday (I'm hoping that means the issue was isolated to last week!).  i will ask about it today just to be sure, but if it was a huge problem I'm positive they would have mentioned it again....phew!

How was your anniversary celebration?!?!  i hope it was nice and that Jenna let you get some stuff done :smileyhappy:

hmmmmm.....a cake business would be fun!!!

Erica - i hope your kids enjoy Magic Kingdom....i'm sure the surprise/excitement on their faces will make the entire thing worth it.  Are they excited to start their lessons next week?  Do they do other activities to keep them involved with other kids their age? I don't know too many people who homeschool, but it does seem to be getting more popular.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:39am
Oh, yes! We have lots of things going on to keep us busy with other kids and families. We will continue our usual stuff: music classes for each of our three kids, Sunday School, and a Wednesday night activity at the church. Most importantly, we have joined a homeschool co-op. We will be together with over a dozen families each Tuesday morning. This term we will be covering geography, art, Bible, some history, and Phys. Ed. Plus we will have snack, lunch, and free play. After nine weeks, the classes will change. All of the parents are involved in either teaching or planning or helping in some capacity. And we are joining 4-H this fall. If anything, I'm worried about having too MUCH social time. :smileywink:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:00pm

Happy Birthday to Jesse and Happy Anniversary to you and your dh!  Yeah for Jenna getting some teeth!

AFM it has been crazy here!  Dh is better, garage sale went wonderfully!  We spent last weekend at my parents and came home to work on dh's classroom.  We spent two hours there Sunday and then ALL day on Monday.  I will take dh dinner tonight before church and we might work on the room some more.

Xavier has cut two more teeth so he now has 8.  Xander starts preschool next week.  He will go on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  I will be keeping a little girl those two mornings to pay for the preschool.  

We have a playdate on Friday and I need to get the house in playdate order :smileywink: