Weekly Chit Chat 8/20-8/26

iVillage Member
Weekly Chit Chat 8/20-8/26
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:52pm

Hi Ladies - how is everyone doing these days? The board seems slow, but maybe now that summer is over more people will come back and talk with us?!?!?!

Community Leader
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:06am
Sorry I haven't been around ladies. We bought a house and now we are trying to get settled before the baby comes. Nathan started middle school today. He's in 5th grade. Bruce is doing well.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 7:39am

Laura, enjoy your vacation. We told family and two close friends about our pregnancies immediately. We waited five days with baby #1, and my mom was mad that we "waited." Too cute! We didn't share openly (work, Facebook, etc.) until after the 20 week ultrasound. It takes me a while to show.

Donna, have a great start to your year!  Despite the unpacking.  :smileyhappy:

This was our first week of homeschooling, and it went beautifully. We had a lot of fun! The boys were so good, and Charlotte wasn't too hard to keep busy.

Speaking of Charlotte, I'm a little worried about my munchkin. She has a fever for the second time in about three weeks. I don't know what is up. We took her to the doctor after the first fever came and went for a week. She seemed completely healed, but then last night, she started getting warm. The fever responded well to acetaminophen, but it came back as soon as the dose ran out. I'm bummed. I hate when my babies are sick!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 8:44am

Yea, with Ashley we told our immediate family @ 6 weeks....figuring even if I had a miscarriage I'd turn to them for support with it.  But waited until 12 weeks to announce it more broadly.  We also told my in-laws first with Ashley, by two days, but still.....we also made a big deal about MIL/FIL/SIL/BIL being together to hear the news and same for my mom/dad/brother/FSIL.....but this time I don't think we'll be emphasizing that....it will be too hard. 

I go back and forth on just waiting to tell all immediate family until after my brother's wedding (then I'll be 8 weeks), but I talk to my mom multiple times a week and it's really hard not to mention it :smileywink:

We'll figure something out :smileyhappy:

Glad to hear that Jenna's walking is getting better....hopefully that continues.

Are you ready for the school year to start? Do you have in-service this week or anything like that?  I'm not excited for the morning traffic to pick up again in our area....we pass by 2 schools on the way to work :smileysad:

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 2:00pm

We leave tomorrow night to go the Long Beach island with my mother-in-law.  My father-in-law was originally supposed to join us on Thursday, but apparently he can't now because of work :smileysad:  We were going to tell my in-laws at the beach that we are pregnant and then tell my parents when they come visit us after the beach......but i only want to tell them if they're together so now that plan is scrapped.  DH says we can just tell my parents this weekend, after the beach, and then call his parents and tell them.  I HATE the idea of telling them over the phone....but they're his parents and if he's OK with it then I guess i should be too?!?!?!

Then comes the issue of when to tell my brother/future SIL.  They get married September 8th so i think at this point we'll just wait until after the wedding.....i don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes or stealing the spotlight.  i mean they will be super excited for us, but they should just be worried about themselve and their big day....not us.  The timing of this pregnancy is just a mess in terms of telling immediate family....but we'll figure it out :smileyhappy:  i think we're going to just put Ashley in a shirt that says "cutest sister ever" and see how long it takes people to realize what it says.....i was thinking of putting a picture of her in the shirt in my brother's wedding card :smileywink:  It was impossible to find a "big sister" shirt?!?!?!

Anyway, other than stressing about revealing our news I've just been getting ready for our beach trip.  I've never been to LBI and I've never been on vacation with my in-laws.  I'm excited about LBI, not about my MIL.....we have very different ideas about vacation....for example she has a menu planned of what we'll be eating for dinner each night so when I told her we'd be eating out for dinner she got annoyed?!?!?! Sorry, I don't want to cook on vacation....and I don't want you to cook for me either....I want to eat out and try the restaurants in the area.  Should be an interesting 3 days.

I might be MIA while away, but I'll try to check in if i can :smileyhappy: