Working to keep it sticky

iVillage Member
Working to keep it sticky
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 10:23am

I just need to emotionally unload about my doctor. I got my BFP three days ago, and she told me that I could come in early this time because I was in for a first prenatal appt in July that turned out to be a miscarriage. (I started bleeding the day of the appt.) I called yesterday and scheduled my first prenatal for the 22nd, but asked if I could come in and get my hcg and progesterone levels tested because I've had two miscarriages and I have low waking temperatures. The nurse called me back and said my doctor said, "She's not going to do that." She said she wanted to schedule an ultrasound instead. I pushed, and got them to test my hcg levels at least, but I'm really confused and annoyed. Why would she refuse to do a simple blood test with no side effects in lieu of an ultrasound which may pose risks? I'm still going in for the ultrasound, which is next Friday, and I'm really nervous. Every other ultrasound I've had has revealed that the baby died. I'm also not sure what she expects to see. I'll be around six weeks then, but maybe a bit before and can't really expect to see a heartbeat. I'm super irritated that I have to put up with this doctor stuff for another few months, but I'll be switching over to a CPM after that (God willing!) and I hope to never see this doctor again. If anyone knows why she's doing this, please let me know. I'm just hoping that I can trust her and that not finding out my progesterone levels will not result in a miscarriage.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 11:40am

I don't know why she did that, but honestly, if I was you, I'd call back and ask the nurse to please have the doctor call you so that you can discuss your concerns. If she says the doctor won't call you, then I would really press having your progesterone checked. I personally wouldn't give up until I had that blood test done.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 9:41am

I'm glad you won't be seeing this doctor through your whole pregnancy! I'd definitely

Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.
Community Leader
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 12:30pm
How are you doing Gennie? I hope you are feeling a little better today. Have you talked to your doctor's office anymore?
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 9:17am

Thanks to everyone for responding. I did a little research and I really don't like what I found. If someone has a progesterone problem, the pregnancy doesn't thrive. My doctor is checking my hcg levels today and wednesday to see if they're going up like they should. If not, then I can just prepare myself for a miscarriage, I guess. If we weren't testing my levels, I would just be blindly waiting to see if I

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 9:49am
I'm sorry your doctor still isn't checking your progesterone level. Have you tried calling your normal doctor to see if they might be willing to order the lab test for you since your OB won't? Personally, I'd be trying to switch doctor's if I was in your situation. I hope things go well for you with the lab results and your ultrasound on Friday! I hope you don't end up having the flu too. It sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope things get better! P&PT headed your way.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 10:04am

I am with Stacy.

Rachel

Mommy to Angel Natalie (born to heaven on December 23, 2008) and Noa (born January 27, 2010)! Now expecting number 3 in June of 2011!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 10:37am

Thanks for the pts ladies. I'm feeling a lot better right now. My hcg level was 2402.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-12-2010 - 3:52pm
Yay for the good hcg level! I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope your next hcg level is good as well. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 9:39am

My hcg was 2489 and they told me to expect a miscarriage. I probably won't be back on here. Thanks for listening.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 3:28pm
Oh, Geneva, I'm so sorry!! ((HUGS))!
Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.

Pages