38 week appt - induction date set!

iVillage Member
38 week appt - induction date set!
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 4:53pm

So if anyone has been following my saga, my little son has been in the dangerously low weight percentile for a while now.

Community Leader
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 5:10pm
I'm sorry that things are going this way. I was given Cytotec for my induction with Bruce. It is meant to help soften the cervix, but it can put you into labor as well. I hope the Cytotec works well for you. It made me start having contractions and definitely helped a lot with my cervix considering where I started, but unfortunately, the contractions didn't keep up where they needed to be, so I was given Pitocin a few hours after the Cytotec to get things really going.

Anyway, regardless of all of that, you'll be holding Ethan soon and that is what's important. :) One more week!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 11:30am
I'm jumping over from May's board...hope you don't mind! I had a baby that did not want to come out. I wasn't dilating or anything. One of my friends suggested I try evening primrose gel caplets. Put 6 of them as close to your cervix as you can (I made dh put them in!) it helps soften the cervix. Don't know if it really works, but I FINALLY started dilating after using it. So I thought I'd pass it along if you want to give it a try before you get to the induction date.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 12:21pm
Interesting--just did some Internet research on this, as well. I've heard about red raspberry leaf tea but I couldn't find it anywhere. Are evening primrose caplets readily available?

I'm pretty nervous about the induction after reading a thread in here in which everyone told their horror stories...should have avoided that thread!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 1:42pm
You can find red rasp leaf tea in any health food store. And the evening primrose oil caps can be found there as well, but check in the pharmacy sections if "normal" stores- depending on the area it could be there too. I live in an area where anything like that is found only in a specialty store. :-(

Megan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:21am

It looks like you will be getting things started tonight so I wanted to say good luck.

I saw that you read my birth story so I hope it gives you a little hope that the induction isn't all that bad.

Cynthia