Appt this morning

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-05-2006
Appt this morning
3
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:46pm

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow so I was kind of hopeful going into this appt that the doc would have some good news for me. I have been really uncomfortable and crampy the past couple of days. So you can imagine how disappointed I was when the doc said my cervix was "a little soft"... That's it, no dilation. Just "a little soft".

Also, he asked if I wanted to try a vbac or a repeat c/s. When I said I wanted to try a vbac, he told me that they would not try to induce me at all (pitocin increases the risk of rupture) and that

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-06-2010
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 4:04pm

I

Community Leader
Registered: 07-07-2008
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 4:30pm
I'm sorry your appointment was disappointing. I can completely understand your dilemma on the VBAC vs. repeat c-section. I hope the doctor you see next week can help you think about it some more. I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation.
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-29-2008
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 9:03pm
Good luck on your decision! My sister is looking into VBAC option if she were to get pregnant again. Maybe he'll come on his own. I'm 38 weeks now and no dilation so I understand! LOL Good luck!!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my