Blood pressure of 151/101.......dr ok with it?

iVillage Member
Blood pressure of 151/101.......dr ok with it?
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 9:34am

I went in for a routine Dr. appt yesterday and I saw a different doctor because

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 11:35am

I am from July board but I normally deliver early. I think they base your bp on previous readings as to if something needs to be done. If you are really concerned I would call and talk to your normal Dr. I know with my first they were concerned when my bp was 150/100 but mine was normally lower than that but I can't remember what it is sorry

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 12:52pm
Like the other poster said, they compare the current reading to your previous ones. If you were in the 140s each time before then they wouldn't be terribly concerned. But if your regular readings were much lower and suddenly spiked to 150 then they would be concerned.

I've also heard that they or more concerned with the bottom number than they are with the top number. If you remain concerned, or think you're having pre-eclampsia symptoms, then I would put a call in to your regular doctor.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 1:57pm

My last couple appointments my blood pressure has always been no higher than 110/75, that being said I did call the nurse to have her look into it and she did tell me that what I was told was incorrect my actual reading was 157/74 and my heart beat was 101.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 2:04pm
Hmm. And what did the doctor say? I'd keep a watch out for signs of pre-eclampsia just in case. Hopefully you won't have that problem, but better to be prepared you know.