Great apt today...

iVillage Member
Great apt today...
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 12:33pm

I went in for my 28week apt this morning.

Started off yucky as I had my GD test this morning...I can tell you the orange is much better than the cola and lemon-lime. This time I was just a little nausous by the end of the hour but I think it was because I was starving. Hopefully the results come back in range and I don't have to do another:)

I only gained 3lbs so all total I'm up 11lbs. My Dr. wants to keep me between 15 and 20 total so I should be good. I was worried as I had cupcakes at a party this weekend!

I had to get my wonderful Rhogam shot today also so I really felt like a pin cushion. I really hate shots so I was not saying very nice things about my DH today at the apt. to my nurse....she just laughed. Hopefully this LO will end up RH negative like my others and I don't have to get the post delivery shot as well.

I was worried that I havent felt this LO move and kick nearly as much as my other 2 pregnancies...my Dr. did a quick check and noticed from my earlier sono that the placenta is in front so it is buffering alot of his kicks. That made me feel SO much better..all in all she said I was doing great and did not have to come back for another 4 weeks..so I won't start 2 times a month till May. It's a busy time at work so that is great!

Miki

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 12:52pm
Sorry about the shots and the GD testing, but all in all it sounds like a good appointment. Good job on the weigh gain issues. You must be relieved to know that the LO is OK and that the placenta is blocking some of the sensations (I'm in a similar boat).