Mitchell William arrived on June 30th!

iVillage Member
Mitchell William arrived on June 30th!
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 5:50am
Short version: he arrived at 9:11pm weighing 9lbs13oz and measuring 22in long. He came out posterior (facing upwards, though slightly turned to one side) so pushing was a bit harder than my previous two babies. But we had a wonderful homebirth. Can't wait for my two older boys to meet him!

Longer version: i was scheduled for a post date ultrasound for Friday afternoon (July 1st) and my midwife said there's a good chance they'll want to induce me right there. So I decided to try one last time at getting this labor going on it's own. Pulled out the breast pump: pumped for a total of 45min- contractions starting after 20min. Once I stopped pumping the contractions slowed down a bit, but within 15min they were 2-4min apart and it never slowed down. So 3pm is about when this started. When my midwife arrived at 6pm or so, I was dilated to a 6 and completely effaced. About 30 min later I was 9 or 9.5! But it took me forever to get to pushing him and then a good hour to push him out. I was such a wimp! I kept not pushing all the way once I felt his head... And once his head came out everyone said: just one more push and I said: can't you just pull this baby out! Lol. They were right: just one more push and he wad out. Everything was easy after that. He's been nursing like a champ, though the poor guy has a hard time locating the nipple even when it's in his mouth. He finally fell asleep at 430am content to not be nursing and I'm hearing a lot of gas so I'm looking forward to his first diaper! :) as for me I am crampy and bloated feeling. You always forget how odd it feels to be "empty", if you know what I mean.
I'll post some pics later... Just wanted to get in the announcement!

Megan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 7:54am

Congrats!! i am from July but have been reading all the over due baby stories...Glad these babies are finally coming! i may be overdue too (due in 6 days). Had my first child right on EDD. .We'll see.. .Can't wait to see pics!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 8:21am
Congratulations on your little (or should I say big) boy! I'm sorry his presentation made things a bit more uncomfortable than for a typical delivery, but it sounds like you are both doing well. And wow at 45 minutes of pumping - my boobs would be screaming at me after pumping that long.