Preterm Labor? Either way, I'm on bedrest

iVillage Member
Preterm Labor? Either way, I'm on bedrest
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 4:43pm

Well, I've had an exciting past couple of days...

Yesterday, I woke up still sick with a sinus infection.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 7:07pm

I'm with you here, but my cramps aren't going away!

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

Community Leader
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 9:43pm
Yikes, I'm sorry you went through all that. I didn't have any preterm labor with DS, so I haven't been through that. I can understand your concerns about missing time from work and I hope you can get into your doctor sooner than Thursday. I hope the pain doesn't come back and things go better so your LO can bake for a bit longer.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 11:39pm
So sorry you had to go through all that. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get into the doctor on Monday, and that she lets you return to work. Is there a way you can get lighter/modified duties at work?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 12:02am
Haven't been through it but glad things have calmed down. Just keep taking it easy and hope things continue to go well so you won't be on complete bed rest!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-01-2011 - 8:08am
I'm feeling much better today. The pain in my lower back has focused into my right buttock, and it feels like a pulled muscle in there. However, it's definitely not at the level it was on Friday. I'm thinking I injured it somehow during my run. :(

I can get lighter duties at work but it would require more help from those around me. I'm an elementary school librarian, so much of my job is bending down, picking up things, walking, walking, and more walking. But I would definitely rather go to work with modified duties than sit at home!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 9:12am

That sounds like it must have been pretty scarey!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 4:18pm
UPDATE: Went to my appointment today. I was originally told just to relax more, drink more fluids. I had to talk her into letting me go back to work, but she said to make sure I am sitting more often and taking more breaks. My husband is pretty adamant about me not missing any work since we cannot afford it (school lets out June 2nd here). I mentioned that I still have some pain in my lower right butt area, and I was released with a follow-up in a week with an ultrasound.

Then, on my way home, I get a phone call. She looked at my kidney ultrasound results again and says she thinks I have a kidney stone because the kidney is swollen AND I still have that pain. So I am scheduled for a kidney ultrasound on Wednesday. Oh, and I'm on bedrest.

Which I'm going to ignore. Don't get me wrong: I'm going to talk to my principal and let her know I have to be on restrictions at work, but we really can't afford to lose almost $3000 of my pay right now. I think she's being overly cautious because of a kidney stone...my blood pressure is great, my weight is great, etc. I feel AWFUL making this decision but no matter what, it seems, I'm screwed. The ultrasound of the baby and cervix next Monday will tell us more about if I'm more at risk for pre-term.

I'm just so upset. Her words were: "It's going to be very painful for you."
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 4:36pm
My SIL had kidney stones towards the end of her pregnancy as well. The problem is that they DO put you at risk for pre-term labor. The kidney is so close to the uterus and it "senses" the pain and starts to contract as the kidney pain increases. Hopefully your OB is wrong and you don't have kidney stones - Your pain sounds like it's too low for kidney pain quite frankly.

Just keep taking it easy and pushing the fluids. Did she give you a note for work?